Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ya quality. A forum with 3 sponsors (only 1 that does engine work, 1 is a software company, and last whose site is broken) compared to a forum with 40 sponsor (many engine builders, pipe builders, chassis builders, and unique part suppliers/builders such as carbon fiber, titanium and custom design parts) that are only focused on banshees. So where is the quality?
I did use the search and I did find posts about it but most of them were reviews saying yeah he does solid work send him your parts. I'm looking for more technical information on how it changed the performance of the engine and craftsmanship reviews. I used to be an active member of this site up until I had to sell my banshee due to divorce I have been out of the banshee world loop for 5 or 6 years. I hadn't heard of redline. I bought another banshee last week and I'm really excited to start building another 4 mil. I didn't see much on this site about his work and basically I'm keeping this site active. I like this site more than others. There's people on here who are knowledgable and are good about sharing info and not being pricks. I talked to cam the other day and he sold me on sending him my cylinders and also purchasing other parts.

When I get the parts back and the engine broken in and tested I want to share the results and also photos of the cylinders
You couldn't find how it changed the performance?
Did you miss the massive amount of dyno charts posted of redline engines?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those of us who are proud of our work don’t need to give it away. I do know who in our valley is farming out their work & were they have been sending it to. I would be ware of anyone who says that they do all of there own work in their complete shop.
I’m surprised at the activity that my comments make? If you’re happy with your builder by all means use them. I can say that many times it takes around an hour to do a proper cylinder bore. Maybe someone is reading this & is deciding to charge what their time is really worth. After all, It’s a good thing to make a little $$

So $50 to bore a cylinder isn't too cheap?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Thanks for your input but that is my thread I started because I couldn't find any info. I saw the dyno charts and what I'm after is customer input. Dyno charts are great and good info but to have someone who has paid money for this work and have they're Intel on how they like the engine performance is another whole category

·
Play Hard Get Dirty.
1,128 Posts
What's with all the bashing? Dang...we are all people trying to help people.

I've used Cam before on both our banshees. He's a good guy, very knowledgeable and honest. I have known many people personally as well to use him and they continue to do so...myself included.

If you've ever stepped foot into his shop......you would know he does the work there himself. When you get your motor back and you want to know everything about what he saw he can tell you because it was him that did the work. Obviously from a different state that isn't exactly an option to go in.

Anyway hope this helps a little. :Lucky13:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
What's with all the bashing? Dang...we are all people trying to help people. :Lucky13:

You know how KIDS are these days. I would like to meet Cam some day but I've had the chance to talk to him on the phone and i will be sending him our cylinders soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 2 cents::
1) If the reports are good, go with he guy. At those prices, it's worth a shot.
2) As far as I can tell, common bore jobs are 60 bucks give or take. A friend does my boring and I end up charging 40 bucks. He charges others 50-60. Got a good friend with a boring bar? LOL
3) 100 for porting is dirt cheap. You won't get much out of me for 100 bucks. This doesn't mean this guy (red line) doesn't do much at all. Eric Gore does dirt cheap porting and is well known for good work. Chances are that red line has it down and can port a cylinder in a hour or less.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Fastbansheekid; As you can tell from all of the spirited replies in this thread, E2S is a LONG WAY from BROKEN. As you spend more time with us I think you will feel like this is family to you. I’ll bet that someone from Red Line is reading us by now.

If your finished bore is Round & Straight, any price is Good

:Cheers:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
image.jpg image.jpg

Well I finally sent my cylinders and cases off for some of redline Magic. After buying a set of cylinders off eBay that were completely hacked up with heli coils, a ported jug with a sleeve in it that wasn't port matched and just overall nasty port work. I sent them back and decided to cough up the money and have it done right. The only way to do things

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
Ya quality. A forum with 3 sponsors (only 1 that does engine work, 1 is a software company, and last whose site is broken) compared to a forum with 40 sponsor (many engine builders, pipe builders, chassis builders, and unique part suppliers/builders such as carbon fiber, titanium and custom design parts) that are only focused on banshees. So where is the quality?

thats pretty interesting that you also go by duneman101 but your under a different name to talk shit? if we suck so bad stay on your other site… just sayin your "other site site is model specific correct? e2s is not people come and go some people have been here for a decade or more

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Thanks to the Tree Huggers & such our precious 2 Stroke is drifting away from us. E2S is in a large part helping my business success. I’ve been a life time 2 stroker & will stick around with the rest of you die hards.

John Tice
503-593-2908 Alternate 541-508-3944
www.smallenginemachineworks.com & www.nwsleeve.com
Turning Custom Cylinder Sleeves Since 1971

:Cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
thats pretty interesting that you also go by duneman101 but your under a different name to talk shit? if we suck so bad stay on your other site… just sayin your "other site site is model specific correct? e2s is not people come and go some people have been here for a decade or more
You would think a forum that wasn't just about a single model would have more active members, more sponsors, and more active threads. But yet E2S doesn't.
I am not duneman101, nice try though.

·
Play Hard Get Dirty.
1,128 Posts
View attachment 30937 View attachment 30937

Well I finally sent my cylinders and cases off for some of redline Magic. After buying a set of cylinders off eBay that were completely hacked up with heli coils, a ported jug with a sleeve in it that wasn't port matched and just overall nasty port work. I sent them back and decided to cough up the money and have it done right. The only way to do things
Any update, highroller? This thread came from you, so I wanted to see what the results were. Hopefully you're too busy ridin to come report back :)

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
:Ban1: the kid. He don't like it here any way.
not worth it and its rare I ban anyone… maybe he can make a positive contribution to our site…. seems like most sites now a days are slow but if he's not gonna be constructive then we shall see….

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
Any update, highroller? This thread came from you, so I wanted to see what the results were. Hopefully you're too busy ridin to come report back :)
yeah update... I'm also gonna be looking for updated porting also

21 - 36 of 36 Posts