Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cylinders need some attention and I stumbled upon redline racing out of Oregon on Google. His prices are really good. Haven't heard of this outfit before. Port work $100 per cylinder and bore and hone $35 per cylinder. That's amazingly cheap compared to everyone else so has anyone used this place for work? Can I get testimonials please ?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Cameron at Redline racing worked on my junk a few years back. His work is top notch, had a quick turn around time, and was reasonably priced.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I've looked up he's done a lot of the north shore drag banshees and I talked with him today and I'm pretty sold on sending him my parts. I'll post up some pics when I get my cylinders back thanks guys

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
If this is for a banshee, why not check out the biggest banshee forum and see what they think of this shop?
Why send some one to another forum? We have alot of good banshee owners right here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why send some one to another forum? We have alot of good banshee owners right here.
Doesn't matter if you have a lot of good banshee owners, what matters is active good banshee owners. Not many of those here.
2 active threads about banshee in the past 24hrs compared to 46 active threads.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I will take quality over quantity any day.

Ive only heard good things about redline. I might be sending them my banshee cylinders as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I will take quality over quantity any day.

Ive only heard good things about redline. I might be sending them my banshee cylinders as well.
Ya quality. A forum with 3 sponsors (only 1 that does engine work, 1 is a software company, and last whose site is broken) compared to a forum with 40 sponsor (many engine builders, pipe builders, chassis builders, and unique part suppliers/builders such as carbon fiber, titanium and custom design parts) that are only focused on banshees. So where is the quality?

As for the OP, a tip, google "redline racing banshee" and you might find many answers to if they are good.
The link https://www.google.com/search?q=redline+racing+banshee&oq=redline+racing+banshee&aqs=chrome..69i57.3998j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

If you go over to bansheehq, you will see many dyno graphs on different engine builds from redline, and reviews of his work.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
I sponsor & purchase a banner ad in E2S because Billy is a friend of mine & the readers of E2S are darn good to me. I feel that E2S is good platform for my “How it’s Done” column. My main objective is education but a plug for my little operation is a good thing. E2S is a great place to advertise & participate; other shops & dealers are missing the ball by not supporting this site. :Dope:
JT

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
If that site is so good what brings you here?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cameron at Redline has probably doubled business in the last 5 years because his work keeps getting better. He is doing many things better then most when it comes to engine building. Redline is definitely one of the most dominant names in the Banshee niche right now. I wouldn't hesitate to let Cam do your motor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If that site is so good what brings you here?
Tons of old info on here. This forum use to be great, now it barely alive.

The fact that John didn't even know who Redline Racing was and said "You get what you pay for?" which normally means something is shit, is proof E2S isn't up with the times on banshee info.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Those of us who are proud of our work don’t need to give it away. I do know who in our valley is farming out their work & were they have been sending it to. I would be ware of anyone who says that they do all of there own work in their complete shop.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Those of us who are proud of our work don’t need to give it away. I do know who in our valley is farming out their work & were they have been sending it to. I would be ware of anyone who says that they do all of there own work in their complete shop.
I hope Arlan and Ron Black aren't on that list?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those of us who are proud of our work don’t need to give it away.
Give it away? $200 for a play port banshee isn't giving it away. $400 for a dune port isn't giving it away. and $500 for drag port isn't giving it away.

HJR = $200 for trail port up to $400 for Drag port
FAST = $250 for woods port up to $550 for Drag port

I do know who in our valley is farming out their work & were they have been sending it to. I would be ware of anyone who says that they do all of there own work in their complete shop.
So, have you heard of Redline Racing then? Is Cameron outsource his work?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ya quality. A forum with 3 sponsors (only 1 that does engine work, 1 is a software company, and last whose site is broken) compared to a forum with 40 sponsor (many engine builders, pipe builders, chassis builders, and unique part suppliers/builders such as carbon fiber, titanium and custom design parts) that are only focused on banshees. So where is the quality?

I did use the search and I did find posts about it but most of them were reviews saying yeah he does solid work send him your parts. I'm looking for more technical information on how it changed the performance of the engine and craftsmanship reviews. I used to be an active member of this site up until I had to sell my banshee due to divorce I have been out of the banshee world loop for 5 or 6 years. I hadn't heard of redline. I bought another banshee last week and I'm really excited to start building another 4 mil. I didn't see much on this site about his work and basically I'm keeping this site active. I like this site more than others. There's people on here who are knowledgable and are good about sharing info and not being pricks. I talked to cam the other day and he sold me on sending him my cylinders and also purchasing other parts.

When I get the parts back and the engine broken in and tested I want to share the results and also photos of the cylinders

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
I’m surprised at the activity that my comments make? If you’re happy with your builder by all means use them. I can say that many times it takes around an hour to do a proper cylinder bore. Maybe someone is reading this & is deciding to charge what their time is really worth. After all, It’s a good thing to make a little $$

1 - 20 of 36 Posts