Does these times look good to yall???

YZ 490, Stretched 3", Pro Circuit Pipe, K&N, Slammed to the ground
5.21 @65mph in 300 Ft. Dirt Drag.

CR 500, lowered, K&N, Pro Circuit Pipe,CAM2 Gas/Klotz
6.13 in 400 Ft. Dirt Drag

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 490 is an old yam. 2 stroke, am i right? Twin plugs in the head, foul one, swap the cap to the other..?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you are right on the Yam 2 stroke. Most of the 490's had one plug, they may have made a year with twin plugs. So what the times look like to you all??

·
Registered
183 Posts
The times look pretty fast to me. Last week the hill was 200 feet, and the top time on a 250 was 6.9 secs. The top 500 time was like a 5.8 or 5.9. This is with a breaker though and it was a slow day, a little wet. But those times seem to be cruising to me. How good did you do? Were you the one talking about the kx 500 a lil while ago? Also, why don't you climb ur bikes. It's just a verticle drag race.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Naw, cant mess with that LOL, give me a horizontal strip and i can do something. Yeah i was talking about the KX 500, we have a few 500's.

·
Banned
0 Posts
ok i need some info on this "YZ490" i was just talking to Big K last night about how of the big 4 yamaha was the only co. that didn't make a 500cc 2 stroke. well i guess i was wrong. anyway that might be cool in a banshee frame. i need any info you guys can get me. liquid cooled or air cooled??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one i have is air cooled and putting down around 65-70 HP. My dad builds the motors. Any other questions about it, just ask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts