Registered
801 Posts
I rune 93 octane with klotz premix.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yunggunnazracing said:
We use 104 octane with Klotz Oil.
Where do you get your 104 octane at? Is it alot of difference over the 93?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Is that the leaded or the unleaded?

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
Higher octanes should only be used if you have a High Compression Head (Cool Head.) I don't think you will get any benifit from running 104 without it. And it cost a lot more than 94-94 octane.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah thats true, see we run it in a CR 500 which we cant even kick start, we had to put a outboard starter on it. Yeah its unleaded and it does cost alot. But if you running a high compression motor, i would use that 104.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You are talking about the Klotz additive, what exactly is it? Or are you just talking about 2 stroke premix oil? Also,what all did you do to the 500 to beef the compression? Did you just shave the head, high comp. piston? Just wondering what all you have done to it. I just run 93 or 94 with yamalube and vp octane booster, it seems to work good for me. I also mix it 40:1, what do u mix at? Do you still have your rads on, or did you take them off?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shaved head, port and polished, and some other little mods. I mix 104 octane with Klotz Premix Oil 32:1. Then i add some Klotz Nitro Additive which gives more oxygen which picks up HP.

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
I just use 93 octane with Klotz oil at 32:1. It still smokes, but hell I'm not racing so I'd rather be safe than sorry. I debated thinning her out a lil more but I'm not sure if it's a wise choice since my plugs are looking fine and don't foul often.

My friend's white and red banshee in my pics has a cool head with 18cc domes. We use Klotz 110 octane fuel and 93 octane mixed together with Torco synthetic oil. I can't remember how much the ratio of 110 to 93 is, but it works really well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
fuel

hey, i'm running 110 pasific blue race fuel, mixed with Klotz R-50 synthetic to a ratio of 32:1 in my suzuki...in my polaris i run same setup with 36:1 ratio....works awesome on both machines....smells dang good too, like candy..

·
Registered
172 Posts
93/94 octane pump gas and Maxima Castor 927 premix 32:1.

Secret? Shaken, not stirred. :D

·
Banned
0 Posts
110 smells soooooooooooo nice. that part of the reason i love the dunes so much toomey banshees running race gas smell great ha ha i like to just "take in" the sights and smells of crazy people like me

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm partial to the smell of 116 octane Sunoco which I run in my Grand National. Ahhh, the sweet smell of lead. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have two turbo Buicks, actually. 1987 Buick Grand National (10.30s at 129mph) and a 1987 Buick T-Type (11.50s at 116mph).

Notice my avatar? ;)

·
ghetto fabalous
966 Posts
ive heard of this stuff its vectro 112 and it was used in a sled and ive never seen it after that.

·
Registered
296 Posts
octaine

i run 114 oxegenated torco race fuel wit gp7 premix ... it gets up and goes ... 13:1 compression you need it other wise it pings like crazy

1 - 20 of 96 Posts