Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any info on/about him? Seema as tho his web site is no longer up.
Dang, and was thinking of getting a head mod for a Blaster

·
stock cylinder killer
1,005 Posts
I had talked to him a while back and he said he was pursuing other opertunities.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess it's a good reason to get a lathe and do my own head mod, not to mention all the other cool things I could think of.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
There’s plenty of room for another good machinist; Look at Kevin Hunter across the pond in the UK.

Go for it Buddy. :thumbsup:

:Cheers:

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
The thing that sux is the shipping price tag to and from...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Larry you have Dan Hull and Doug Flannery right in your same state. Both very good

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess I'll have to search them. I get all my boreing done at Lakes Motorsport in Waterford, but he was a little less than confidence inspiring when I asked him about doing a head mod.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Larry; send me your address in a PM & I’ll give you a head turning mandrel.

I try to promote Priority mail; a medium sized box will fit most single cylinders for around $10.00. It takes years to grow a small business; a good business plan is also needed before a venture is started. Most community colleges offer a small business class; FloTek had a good start, too bad that Denny gave it up. I could add that many of FloTek’s E2S replies were a little too negative.

I’d hope that this experience isn’t a reason to discourage any of the rest of you. If I can do it so can the rest of you.
Keep a positive attitude & don’t give up too easily, small business is the back bone of our USA economy.

JT

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's too bad about Denny. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. He gave his opinion, which you can take it or leave it. I viewed him as a positive influence to this forum. He also has produced a lot of solid running motors, with happy customers. You can't say that about a lot of small business owners. I wish him well!

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
Even tho. Denny was quite a hike from my house, I had the opportunity to meet him in person at a quad outing twice in western PA.

Really nice guy. He even gave me a Flotek Tee-shirt when he was out there. Guess it will be a collector item ?
I don't know quite what happened but it appeared that he had/ or still has a successful porting business.
He just dropped off the face of the earth.

When I met Den, he was just newly married...maybe himself and his wife had a child...Believe me, when that happens...It puts a Huge damper on things and hobbies!

I've seen some of his ported quads run pretty damn good.
Speaking of which... StrokedTater....Where are you hiding??? He had one of the Baddest drag Yamaha Blaster I've ever seen ! ported by Denny !

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll have to look up Iron dog and see what he has to say.

Doesn't 'Tater hold the record at Busco?
word of warning larry, he isn't an easy guy to talk to. good guy and knows his stuff but he comes off as an a$$hol. but once he gets to know you, he is a little more calm so to speak

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
shit that sucks about denny…i had my cylinders ported by him, my buddy sam had his done and my brother in law had his blaster cylinder done as well, still need to get my cylinders matched to my pipes...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts