Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Taking Names...
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy fuckin balls is my shee fast. and i thought my 125 moved along pretty good....well after i found out today out on my rode my quad smokes my dirt bike...and my buddy's 400ex....and 450r.....and lt450. its rediculous. I launch in second gear on dry pavement....and the tires just spin and spin for like 10 feet then the front end launches and it just fuckin rips. Thank you so much denny that is one hell of a wild fuckin ride. on gravel/dirt/grass the shitty gbc ground busters just can't hook up its insane. it just blows my mind that thing just absolutely flys. its too fast almost. omg is insane i sound like a school girl right now. i reccomend anybody to send there cylinders to him to get ported.

One question I have for you guys is my throttle is really hard to push. I got a Moose TORS elimenator kit and it came with a braided stainless steel line....now the throttle is even harder to push than it was before....does the cable have to be lubed or should i trim the springs down inside the carbs? any ideas and suggestions its hard to ride that thing for more than 10 minutes without your thumb hurting like all hell.....and your arms from trying to hold on. I've finally learned the expression of something running like a raped ape... the banshee just goes and goes and pulls and the front end is almost always in the air its rediculouse....

Once again special thanks to Denny.....all my friends rode it and tehy seemed sad to get back onto theirs. And now out on my rode there's 15ft long black marks all over the place....i'll take a picture lol. any ideas on getting the throttle to pull any easier?

·
HillClimb/DirtDrag Champ
5,567 Posts
good to hear..i would like to those pics...i ahvwe heard of trimming the springs inside the carbs shorter.i guess you would just make sure they still hold some pressure on the cables to keep them from coming apart.unless someone can tell you the exact amount to cut off???

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
cut off 2-3 spring loops evenly off each side and it should improve the feel by a good amount fro m idle to half throttle anyways ,thanks for the kind words about the porting i knew youd love it ,isnt it surprisng to see what a 350 is capable of when its setup correctly ,just think that is fairly mild porting saul be careful till yo u get the feel for it cause it wil l wheely up and get away from you if yo u dont respect it

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Taking Names...
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah she is one hell of a hot rod now.....its pretty outtta control. There's been a few times that I'de have to lift on that throttle......and there's been times where i've wheelied through 4 gears using the clutch and barely touching the throttle. Its got lots of midrange its pretty crazy. Its one hell of a screamer. After I get home from work today I'll take some pics of the newly set up machine and the damage its done....and Im gonna lube the cable.

·
Taking Names...
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These pictures do the quad no justice. I'm working on getting a video soon. As for the cables yes they are clear of obstructions and I'm going to get some cable lube soon...also here is a pic of my dirtbike and car with the new rims....kinda went picture crazy..

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Hell yah, i know that feeling, thats how i was when i got my cub all together and rode it for the first time, Smile from ear to ear for a few hours...lol... you'll get used to it though, next thing you know you'll want to stroke it...lol. But like Denny said, take your time getting comfortable with the new power cause it can bite you in the ass.

·
Taking Names...
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol....i allready wanto to stroke it...

Whats wrong with a grand prix?? i love it its a gt w/ K&N cold air on it....around 200 hp....pretty quick car. takes a little more than you think to beat it lol. fuckin rice burners.

And yes, the car does have a trailer hitch...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
i just installed a moose tors kit and i am having the same problem with the springs. its so much harder on my thumb now. i already tried lubing the cables, it made no difference what-so-ever! i coulndt even notice!

·
Premium Member
20,428 Posts
I think there's too much spring in the carbs, I cut two loops off & still provide enough pressure to push those slides down.
Then I routed a steel braded cable, think it has an easier bend, cable is softer & yes lube it.
Also added an aftermarket extended thumb throttle. These three mods work great for me.
Ride thru the whole tank without that sore thumb. Before these mods I had a sore thumb after a 30 min ride.

. | . | .

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
Wait till you guys move up to big carbs....
Aftermarket throttles apply more leverage....

Take the springs out, use a belt sander and CAREFULLY remove a little material off the outside of the spring. You go too far, it's on you...LOL.

As said...cutting a few loops off will make it easier to pull initially...but just as hard to push after that....making the push feel even tougher. Who rides a banshee less than half throttle??? LOL...

Cutting loops off changes the leverage, removing metal softens it's overall structure (I'm sure there's a technical word for that ...I just don't have it...)

Sand the outer edges of each a little....you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
20,428 Posts
And make sure the cut end faces up, it could get caught on the clip if facing down!

. | . | .

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
You ride a banshee but drive a grand prix. Isn't that like a double negative, it just isn't right
and what do you drive that is so bad ass? I have a shee and a f150. that's right, found on road dead!:angry5:

as for the shee.....welcome to flotek! He does awesome work. I threw some CPI's on mine. Pulls sooo much more from mid to top. Top end pull is nuts.

You getting any traction since that flotek port job haha?

·
Registered
119 Posts
hell i drive a 1988 Yamaha Virago 750, looks like hell, but gets around 40 mpg on the highway ...

·
Taking Names...
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What aftermarket throttle do you reccomend to get that has the longer lever?

Am I getting traction....yeah when I"m idling.....thats really about it. I need to get some HDs or holeshot gncc's on the back cause those gbc's just dont grab for shit. its pretty sweet though i tear up just about every one of my trails so there's no longer any long grass anywhere lol. its pretty fuckin insane. I took my dirtbike out after riding the quad....and the good thing is i still had fun on it! so im not really favoring one or the other....so im happy i didnt just waste like 4 grand lol.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I have the cascade innovations billet thumb lever. Works will with my stock unmodified carbs.

As for tires, i have cut knarlys and they dont do shit unless it's kinda moist dirt which is rare. I awaiting a set of pro wedges from a buddy but you cant really slid on pro wedges.

I have a dirtbike too. It pretty much starts parked. I ride it ever now and then just to run it.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
These pictures do the quad no justice. I'm working on getting a video soon. As for the cables yes they are clear of obstructions and I'm going to get some cable lube soon...also here is a pic of my dirtbike and car with the new rims....kinda went picture crazy..
I'm glad that you are satified with Denny's work!
Everyone says the same. He can build some H.P.
Oh, By the way......what kinda work do you have done to the Collie in the 2nd pic.???
He (she) looks fast !!! LOL!

·
Banned
21 Posts
cut 2 loops off even and get one of the billet extended thumb levers not the whole assemply just the billet lever and it will be so smooth and soft your thumb wont even know you rode all day thats been the best way for me so far john at rj can vouge for this little trick of mine its a good combo dont waste your money on a terry cable

1 - 20 of 21 Posts