Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas on a good pipe and silencer setup for a completely stock 250. Eventually gonna be completely done up but starting with the pipe and silencer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would stay away from dg unless you plan on updating the pipe and silencer later. I have a dg pipe and silencer but all it does is make it sound better, no real proformance upgrade with it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
what kinda 250 is it a lt trx dirt bike? cuz thats gonna make a diffrence

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike came with a paul turner in mint condition that the previous owner bought back in 1992-1993, does anyone know if the design has changed much since then or is this worth keeping ? And the bike is a 1991 Quadracer LT250R. Thanx

·
Registered
461 Posts
PT's junk...sell it to me for $50??? J/K Good pipe keep it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still need to replace the silencer but was wondering if any silencer can go with this pipe and still have the brackets line up ? And I was told to get an RM250 wrist pin bearing when I rebuild the top end ? Does anybody have any input it would help...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thanks, I currently have the billet thrust washers but no small end bearings. If you chose to run the billet thrust washers you cannot run the LT bearing, you need the shorter style RM bearing. Some people run Wiseco bearings and some choose to run the OEM bearing. Comes down to personal preference. Shoot me a PM if there is anything that I can help you with.

·
Registered
480 Posts
what kind of riding do you do? thats the most important part of picking a pipe. The lrd from what ive heard is a good pipe if you can find it. Paul turner has both a midrange and topend pipe. The fmf is a good woods pipe as is the dynoport big volume. pretty much every head pipe but the dg is good, although the dg silencer is actually good.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Keep the Paul Turner pipe and find a Universal FMF Turbine core silencer.

A stock pipe with aftermarket silencer works fine on a stock motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts