Everything2Stroke Forum banner

Electrical problem (stator)

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Polboy73 
#1 ·
Ok I have a question about the stator on LT. What is the differance between the stator CDI and coil between the 85-86 anf the 87-92. I ahve 2 new stators that are differant than the one I took out of my 86 LT. The power source coil and the pick up coil are twice the size from my old stator (that is no good) then the new stators I have. Also when I look in my Clymer manual it says there should be differant between the years. For 85-86 it says I should have between 480-720 ohms and the 87-92 should have between 175-265 ohms.

When I look on fleabay for the staors they say the are the same for all LTs even the Zilla.

Thanks for any help with this my head is spinning.

#2 ·
i would guess the bigger ones are for the older models since they have more resistance the power has to travel through more wire. just a guess though based off of electrical knowledge.

#3 ·
I understand what you are saying. But why would people say that the are the same for all the year LTs including the Zilla and whats the differance between the years?

Maybe I am just lost LOL.

#4 · (Edited)
Bump...............

Any of you LT guys know?????????????????????????????????

#5 ·
Anyone???????????????????????????????????????????????????

#7 ·
I believe that all years lt250r's can use the same stator, However the CDI for the 85-86 years will not work in the 87-92 years & the same the other way around. The colors on the wires are even different.

I would believe that the coils would work for all years & be interchangeable....

Hope this helps.

#8 ·
this is what i got off of looking up the parts with cheapcycleparts.com diagrams:

cdi diff - 32900-19A10 vs 32900-01C00
coil same - 32140-19A00
regulator same - 32500-19A00
stator same - 32101-43B00

not that it matters a ton to you anymore with your buddys bike sold but have you tried calling the dealer? sometimes they can tell you about superseded part #s and other wierd bs that isn't listed online

#9 ·
So I guess the problem isnt the stator.

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.