Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
When you sell as much stuff as he does you can get 75 to 100 negative feedbacks a year and still have a feedback score in the high 90's. Ebays feedback system seems to protect these "mega sellers" sometimes. Buying from this guy is a big gamble!

·
Free 4-stroke beatdowns!
887 Posts
I see his stuff on there all the time but never bought anything from him...thank god. This guy is a total crook. I'm with you stroke, how does he stay in business?

·
Free 4-stroke beatdowns!
887 Posts
I'm wanting a new frame cause mine is tweaked from a crash I had a year ago, but I'll be damn if I buy one from him.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I bought 2 Items from the guy. The first thing was the oversized radiator, got it as pictured and as described. The second thing I bought was my front bumper, got is as pictured and as described, the only problem is they way he shiped it, just tossed in a box and shiped, not wraped what so ever so I commented about the lack of packing and he did not like that at all and this is the reply I got.

wh ythe bad feedback comment? I always ship bumers like that. If they would break in shipping, they wouldnt do a very good job protecting your quad... never had one break yet. Believe it or not, aluminum is strong.

Now is that the attitude a seller should have to a repeat customer.

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
I bought 2 Items from the guy. The first thing was the oversized radiator, got it as pictured and as described. The second thing I bought was my front bumper, got is as pictured and as described, the only problem is they way he shiped it, just tossed in a box and shiped, not wraped what so ever so I commented about the lack of packing and he did not like that at all and this is the reply I got.

wh ythe bad feedback comment? I always ship bumers like that. If they would break in shipping, they wouldnt do a very good job protecting your quad... never had one break yet. Believe it or not, aluminum is strong.

Now is that the attitude a seller should have to a repeat customer.
that just shows you how uneducated he is on "bumpers". they are really nothing more than a fancy grab bar for the front of your quad, thats it. i've seen people hit stuff with the bumper and break it and a peice get shoved up into the quad and damage something else.

·
Registered
247 Posts
that sucks, i feel like i always get a smokin deal and everything comes super fast, but i too am very particular about who i buy from. if they have less than 97% feed back i look at what was said about it and how it was resolved.... always gotta look at the feedback first

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
that sucks, i feel like i always get a smokin deal and everything comes super fast, but i too am very particular about who i buy from. if they have less than 97% feed back i look at what was said about it and how it was resolved.... always gotta look at the feedback first
good point ,the feedback will tell alot if a guy is willing to dig around a little it will be worth reading up on the negatives and see how the sellers integrity and willingness ot right the wrongs comes into play .as far as ray goes ,a clever perfect picture is unfortuantly not what is usually going out to the poor guy who bought it ,anybody who ships the kind of inventory and volume he does should know not to just throw the part i n a box to smack around and get beatup in shipping ,its a no brainer

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have bought a crap load of stuff off ebay, but never anything used.

I broke down the other day, and bought a used TRX250 FMF, SST pipe (for my 490 project), off a guy on ebay who specializes in TRX250r parts.

The title on the auction said it was in great shape "no dents"..
Bidding went to $75 bucks, which I thought wasn't bad.
It shipped fast.. But when I got it, I noticed it had a pea size hole wore in the bend right after the head pipe. It was also riddled with small shallow dents. (It was a pretty simple repair job, and it polished out nice)..
I sent him a polite message about the hole. He was apologetic, and he gave me $40 bucks back for it not being as described.
I'm going to use it to buy the matching silencer from him.. lol

But that is the last used part I will ever buy off ebay again!!
Especially from a power seller who specializes in used parts. They can't keep an eye on quality when they have a huge surplus.
They just move anything, and everything they have. It's just bad business, no quality control.. I say if you have to buy a used part, buy from the smaller dealers. They may want more money for their parts, but you get what you pay for..

That's my 2 cents..

·
Old School but still Cool
2,844 Posts
I've given away stuff that was nicer than what Ray sells. I've sold stuff that was really nice for next to nothing. I didn't get into this hobby as a way to supplement my income is why I can do that. Sadly though a lot of people who go into this hobby to make it a business end up like Ray at MotorcityATV. (not all though) I'm pretty sure he started out with the right attitude and sold the good stuff at a reasonable price but as time moved on and inventory started to thin out he is now pushing the crap out.

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I just recently ordered a crank case for my 1999 banshee. I waited about a week for it to arrive, anxious to get it on my atv. The auction description said that it was in perfect condition, just had to put it together. Nothing wrong with the motor just wanted to part it out. When it finally arrived, I opened the box and it had a whole where the connecting rod blew threw the top case. The only reason I noticed right off was because I moved the antifreeze tube. Then I tried to contact them to return it, got the voicemail for hours. When I finally got threw to him, he said that he didn't handle the returns. I emailed him the pictures of the damage and he said that I would have to pay for the shipping for it to go back. He said that the shop was going to be closed down for about a week before we would be able to deal with any returns, he acted as if I lived right down the road instead of states away. People should sue him for false advertisement, just about every advertisement says great shape then you get shit. I should have left my busted motor together, it ran better than the piece of crap he sent me.
I'm sorry you had to go through that bro.
I skip over 1000 actions of Ray's and pay more if I have to now.
This Ebay seller which I have never spoke to or know has taken care of me on alot of odd parts for my Shee.
He only makes auctions with the item your bidding on in the picture and they have always came well packed.

He's Komisar Motorsports,
http://myworld.ebay.com/lkfox1/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
I'm sorry you had to go through that bro.
I skip over 1000 actions of Ray's and pay more if I have to now.
This Ebay seller which I have never spoke to or know has taken care of me on alot of odd parts for my Shee.
He only makes auctions with the item your bidding on in the picture and they have always came well packed.

He's Komisar Motorsports,
http://myworld.ebay.com/lkfox1/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
looks like he has some nice clean parts. thanx for posting the sellers link Paulie.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ive seen a lot of stuff for sale by that Komisar Motorsports guy. Im in the market for a bunch of piddly stuff for my build here soon. If you've had good luck with him, I'll try my hand too. I've heard nothing but bad feedback about Ray for years....he's been a scheister for a long time. Never dealt with him personally, I was associated with some people that did know him personally, and when they said not to buy from him, that threw up a red flag for me...haha

21 - 37 of 37 Posts