Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets start with the first item I bought a few months ago.

A banshee cylinder head.
This is the auction description:
Minkia38 said:
You are bidding on a mint Yamaha Banshee engine head. This came off of a newer Banshee that ran perfectly! Head is ready to be installed, this is a factory head, and it will work on any year Banshee 1987 - 2006. There is no pitting on the inside.
The picture:

Looks nice right? You see the word MINT, NEWER?
Well the one I got was a ratty POS that looked beat to death.
I have no pictures of it cause the day I got I actually sandblasted it and later PC'ed it.
I did send him a message about his definition of MINT and NEWER and he said hey it's used and he has 10 more like it so he just used a picture of one of them.

2nd item
A set of axle nuts
Heres the description:
Minkia38 said:
You are bidding on a set of Banshee axle nuts. These are the large nuts that hold the axle and its components together. These will fit any year 1987-2006. Excellent shape, nothing bent or stripped out. Ready to install.
Picture:

Not bad looking and one of the nicer sets on there that day.
I click the buy it now before I noticed the $12.75 shipping.
OK I'm totally at fault! I figured it was comming UPS or Fed ex.
Fucker sent them USPS in a envelope!!!!

These are what I got:
Some shit that looks like it was drug behind a truck and spray painted silver.
I expected something like the pic, get them and put them on.
I put these on and they will be the shittiest piece on my bike.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,844 Posts
I used to buy a lot of stuff off of Ray but am seeing more and more of these stories around the 'net just like this one. His ebay feedback rating is pretty sad nowadays too.
I had one bad experience with him and he went above and beyond to make it right by me so I can't say I dislike him or don't trust him yet. He sent me a new set of hand guards because I was unhappy about some plastics I got that were trashed so I kept the plastics but he sent me the guards to smooth things out.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
i have bought numerous parts from minkia...calipers, front brake perch, lines i think, rear hubs, front hubs...all were either stripped or painted silver but, not in bad shape...sorry for yur bad ebay experience bro:Banghead1:

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
Yo Paul, I think I have a black Modquad locknut if interested??
I've seen alot of this from him.
Yup, the same story repeats itself with this seller over and over again. :thumbsdown:
Bought a lever & clutch cable long ago without probs tho. :thumbsup:

. | . | .

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
fortunatly i have always (until recently) had a spare parts banshee or two layin around for me to scavange from. never having to deal with this guy, i dont have any feed back of my own to say, but these stories i keep reading are becoming more and more common place.

as for you Mr. Paulie.....i had, and still have a perfectly mint head here at the house....you didnt ask me, shame on you!!!

i also had some (not mint or perfect, but nicer than those) axle nuts here as well. phone never rang bro....agian, shame on you!! :Laugh7:

sorry to hear that you didn get whats in the pics bro. thats why i extremely choosey when dealing with used parts on the web.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
that sux p i got axle nuts I will send ya for freeeeeee... just let me know if ya want em and they are mint muhahahahahah

no really bro they are perfect.

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
Always post a wanted add Paulie, I have a straight head cut by yours truly Mr Flotek!

Denny, post that ebay gameboy pic lol!

. | . | .

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
that sucks dude iv delt with ray alittle and got parts i was happy with sorr for you luck dude

·
Banned
217 Posts
i bought from him and he was great.the stuff didnt ship as fast so he let me pick through parts and i got it.

tell him that you will file a complaint and call ebay.so he will have to pay a huge fee.thats wat i did and i go extra lol

·
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah Ebay should have new rule, you get what's in the picture of the auction.
I'm happy lots of you got what you payed hard earned money for thats the way it should be.
If you know me you'll see I'm an easy going guy. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt alot of times which is why I even bought from him again.
You dick me over 2 times in a row and I lose all respect for you.
You shouldn't have to read a description and see a picture of a part someone is selling and then spin the wheel of luck on what you really get.
Last time I messaged him he said I could send it back for a full refund.
This time around he didn't get that privilege straight to bad feedback.
The nail in the coffin was the blatant rip off shipping charge, I'm sorry.
$14.75 to send me junk shit in an envelope? Don't give me that "but PB what about the handling charge?"
What I call handling includes care, time, and the cost of packing.
Give me $10 to drop 2 nuts in an envelope everytime and I'm your newest star shipper.

·
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yo Paul, I think I have a black Modquad locknut if interested??

Yup, the same story repeats itself with this seller over and over again. :thumbsdown:
Bought a lever & clutch cable long ago without probs tho. :thumbsup:
that sux p i got axle nuts I will send ya for freeeeeee... just let me know if ya want em and they are mint muhahahahahah

no really bro they are perfect.
I'm keeping these. I've already sanded them down.
I'm gonna blast and PC them.
I didn't plan on having to do all that though.

fortunatly i have always (until recently) had a spare parts banshee or two layin around for me to scavange from. never having to deal with this guy, i dont have any feed back of my own to say, but these stories i keep reading are becoming more and more common place.

as for you Mr. Paulie.....i had, and still have a perfectly mint head here at the house....you didnt ask me, shame on you!!!

i also had some (not mint or perfect, but nicer than those) axle nuts here as well. phone never rang bro....agian, shame on you!! :Laugh7:

sorry to hear that you didn get whats in the pics bro. thats why i extremely choosey when dealing with used parts on the web.
I remember you offering me that head man and I appriciate that I really do, didn't know about the axle nuts haha
Ima pretty proud guy tho.
I try not to ask for stuff unless it's offered up and even then if I can afford it I'll spend the dough on what I need rather then take something from a nice person.

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
eBay is getting worse by the day. I got ripped on some vdub parts a few weeks back, shit sucks

·
Registered
985 Posts
I hear nothing but bad about Ray.Some say he comes thorugh in the end others say nothing but bad things.I will never deal with him.But why is PB not placing wanted adds on e2s???lol Wheter we are a "nice person" or not you need to ask bro!!!! No shee heads here but plenty of axle nuts!!!!Sorry to hear Paul but hope luck turns around for you.Did you post this on HQ also,it seems you get more attention when you put him out in the open on the shee forums.Not that there isn't a thousand and one threads already talking bad about him.lol

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
if he has a zillion banshees up i na barn somewhere in michigan ..then i dont understand why he needs a generic image of the item being sold?? he cant take 10 seconds and snap a shot to show the buyer what they are actually getting for their money?it would be different if it even somewhat resembled the picture shown but dang looks like those axle nuts were rototilled up in some bodies garden

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Motor city atv screwed me to

I just recently ordered a crank case for my 1999 banshee. I waited about a week for it to arrive, anxious to get it on my atv. The auction description said that it was in perfect condition, just had to put it together. Nothing wrong with the motor just wanted to part it out. When it finally arrived, I opened the box and it had a whole where the connecting rod blew threw the top case. The only reason I noticed right off was because I moved the antifreeze tube. Then I tried to contact them to return it, got the voicemail for hours. When I finally got threw to him, he said that he didn't handle the returns. I emailed him the pictures of the damage and he said that I would have to pay for the shipping for it to go back. He said that the shop was going to be closed down for about a week before we would be able to deal with any returns, he acted as if I lived right down the road instead of states away. People should sue him for false advertisement, just about every advertisement says great shape then you get shit. I should have left my busted motor together, it ran better than the piece of crap he sent me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts