Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the dates for the next E2S trip to Silver Lake? And has anyone talked to the new owners of Val Du Lakes about the group camping there??

·
Registered
364 Posts
They dont want any more than four adults per site, and they are considering cracking down on large groups than reserve multiple sites. When I made my reservations, the lady at the front desk said they kicked out a group of 24 people the previous night.

I still cant believe this is what it has come to,
and this is one of the few campgrounds that still allow alcohol consumption (moderate, in unmarked containers), most have just banned it all together.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Damn, that sucks...

Let's definitely figure out some dates, as I'd love to go up to do some riding and meet you guys.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it sounds like we'll be staying at my uncles land about 1/2 mile from Val Du. When the dates are known, Nitrousbaby or I will speak to our uncle and see how many he'll let us camp there. He doesn't live there, just has land there to stay on when anyone in the family comes up....

·
Banned
2,626 Posts
i think its the weekend before labor day. we will have to talk to our uncle and see about partying there. maybe make everyone sign waivers stating that if you drink and get hurt its no liability for him.

·
Registered
466 Posts
you guys need to hit up the big weekends when theres some good racing apple fest weekend labor day

·
Registered
364 Posts
Me and LT250racer are going the weekend before labor day. We are staying at val du (now cottonwood creek).
I actually like going on the slower weekends.
Even though on holiday weekends you can see alot more.

That would be awesome if other people went, and stayed at that guys house. Then I could still party, and just ride my bike (bicycle) back to the campground. Supposedly now the campground has a gate they close at 11

·
1985-1986 Lt250r Genius
2,332 Posts
Any one who want to come should join us the weekend of August 22-24.
Its just too dangeous there on big holiday weekends.....

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i better start melting down pennis now.. gonna need to turn in some copper to be able to attend that weekend too.

·
Banned
150 Posts
im going to silver lake weekend of aug 22. how do i coordinate with you guys? im probably going by myself and want somebody to ride/hang with.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know when the trip is going to be. Nothing like waiting until the last minute E2S to plan a trip and let the members know. If it is the weekend of August 22-24, I'm out. The wife and I are taking the kids to The Great Wolf Lodge that weekend. Since no set date was given for anyone to plan for the E2S trip, we reserved a room at Great Wolf for the 21-23.

·
Registered
569 Posts
me and the woman are goin on the 31st sunday..... so hoefully i see some of you there.....

·
Registered
466 Posts
going up memorial and apple fest weekend

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree, more toword the middle of September, when the Holiday weekends are over and it's not so busy. It was crazy busy last weekend. I seen so many people turned away, because the parking lot was full, that it was rediculas.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, found out yesterday that a family reunion is going on that Saturday as well. So we definitly won't be there for the trip if it's the weekend before Labor Day. Looks like I'll be at Great Wolf Lodge Thursday and Friday, then a reunion on Saturday. Oh well, most of the people that plannned the May trip spent 98% of their time in the parking lot sleeping or B.S.ing.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts