Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some info on Banshee motors for dune riding. I'm looking for a Banshee that will only be ridden in the sand, want way more than a stock motor as far as power but want good low end power as well. I thought wanted a Cub or Cheetah but from what i'm reading these motors are all mid/top end . Is there set up that will make good low end power as well? I ride a Jerry Hall ported Zilla and a TRX/CR500 that I built. Love them both, the Zilla is a lot faster but the TRX has a ton of low end torque. I also have a LED ported TRX 250R this one I am selling because of not enough low end for my riding style, I'm just not a small bore two stroke guy. Four strokes are not an option, any feed back would be appreciated. Maybe a Banshee is not what I want either.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Drop your drive sprocket or add some more teeth to the driven & see what it does for you. It’s possible that this would be enough. Too many people talk about going here or there for the hot shoe hop up job when many times it’s in the gearing.
JT

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drop your drive sprocket or add some more teeth to the driven & see what it does for you. It’s possible that this would be enough. Too many people talk about going here or there for the hot shoe hop up job when many times it’s in the gearing.
JT
I assume your referring to the 250r with the gearing change? I'll give it a shot but I don't think it will change it enough.

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Any machine using a chain drive can benefit from gear ratio adjustments. So many times an owner is ready tear things apart & spend the bux on a porting job just because they read it on the net.

How many have bothered to spend some time reading the book & understanding the basics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any machine using a chain drive can benefit from gear ratio adjustments. So many times an owner is ready tear things apart & spend the bux on a porting job just because they read it on the net.

How many have bothered to spend some time reading the book & understanding the basics.

While I agree changing the gearing can be beneficial, it's not going to make up the difference of 250 cc's. My 250r runs awesome makes great power but pales in comparison to my 500's. Most people would be completely happy with the way my 250r performs.
I posted here for info on Banshee motor performance from people that own one similar to what I'm looking for.

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
banshees are not know for stellar bottom end...you can do some cheap things but its a two stroke..... lighten the flywheel and advance the timing, prob need to consider running higher octane fuel...new reeds....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own a great dune banshee myself it has almost exactly what you Need if I were ou I would get a banshee with a blown motor for cheep then go on the net and order yourself a serval cub and get it aggressive trail ported get a nice 7 mil hot rods crank have the cases milled then transfer match ported to the serval buy an over ride tranny for it get a cool head with 19cc domes and run 110 octane run shearer big bore in frame drag pipes with vforce 4 reeds and 38mm carbs with a high output stator and lightened flywheel and lock out clutch and a plus 2 swing arm and axel and Aarms I would get the small bore shearer soft the normal serval or the big bore inframe shearers with the supper serval(has a little more CCs not sure how many) this would be ideal but it really depends on your budget

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
For the riding he is talking about, a straight up override trans would not be a good idea being they are for drag racing..not cruising around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A good 4mm stock cylinder can make 80HP and 40+ Ft Lbs of torque. If you really got the budget, the Serval Cylinder is the unicorn. If you are doing more then drag racing you need a Pro Mod Trans. Not an over ride. I would also encourage you to definitely not lighten the flywheel. It's only helpful drag racing and if the jockey is less then 125 lbs. Not opinion, actual fact. Plus the weight helps keep the motor's momentum from falling off. It makes it easier to keep the bike on the pipe when chopping the throttle in trails or hills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts