Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you drag race your banshee? i am thinking of doing it this year and i am wondering what to run for tires. most guys up here are running thoes 4-snow tires, but the don't have much tread on them, i was thinking a lightweight paddel would be better?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have to look into them, i got pure sports on now (kevlar bandits) on red-tag rims, they are just way too heavy!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have a nice set of pure sport relators that I would sell

·
Banned
0 Posts
realators are heavy. how bout a set of grovved turftamers. buy some turf tamers and take out every other lug on the tire. also put them on blue label wheels. oh yeah direct drive can custome cut yourdouglas wheels. they have a drag cut that removes alot of the weight form them. http://www.diredtdrivecnc.com

·
Banned
733 Posts
370banshee said:
realators are heavy. how bout a set of grovved turftamers. buy some turf tamers and take out every other lug on the tire. also put them on blue label wheels. oh yeah direct drive can custome cut yourdouglas wheels. they have a drag cut that removes alot of the weight form them. http://www.diredtdrivecnc.com
just wanted to let you know that this link doesn't work

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Pure Sports has been having an inventory issue lately. 2 months ago I tried to order the Kevlar Bandits for the front tires and they told me they wouldn't have any until the middle of April. Last weekend I tried to order them again and now I'm being told the end of the month. I'm not sure it it's only the Bandits or if it's all tires from Pure Sports.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PA, i know what you are talking about i ordered the same tires and this was over a month ago!!! yeah i need a light weight tire, i don't know if the t-tamers would grip enuff, i know a guy with a $25,000 250r he bought some that were just over a pound!!! but i don't care for the tread pattern. i don't have a ton of cash into mine only about 2,000 into the motor but i would still like to be some what competative lol. i'll do some looking around and let you guys know what i come up with, and how they work.

·
Banned
0 Posts
ok my screw up i spelled it wrong the link th direct drive for the drag cut wheels is http://directdrivebillet.tripod.com/directdrivecnc/. the address in dirt wheels is different but for some reason i had this site in my favorites.
i wanna get the slasher design wheels for my dune tires. i'm also going to get the clear quick change clutch cover. i was also going to get the clutch lockout but scott expained to me that other parts break when the clutch has a lockout in it

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
My buddy with the 2000 banshee thought about getting that clutch lockout. We were racing around and you could actually feel the clutch slipping under some extreme acceleration. The only problem is that you'd rather buy new clutch plates and tighter springs then pay for a rebuild. It places more stress on other parts which obviously can lead to disaster. He picked up one of those hydraulic clutch levers so he's probably going to get the tighter springs for the clutch and see what that does.

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
I am not a fan of the hydrolic Clutch levers I prefer a ball bearing clutch. Its very hard to drag out the clutch with a hydrolic clutch. If I was to go with a lock out clutch I would have to buy the Hineson Side case so I could change it back out for a regular clutch. There are only a few times that you want to have a lock up Clutch.

·
Banned
0 Posts
direct drive also make those quick change covers. and they are clear. plus they are way way cheaper than the expensive as hell hinson

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
Have you every taken the yamaha cover off the clutch side before. Its just for show. I bought on of the clear covers thinking it would do the same and the hinson over boy was I wrong.

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
I just took that off last week. I had the cover off to put the new impellar in and an EZ-Drain cover so I figured I'd get some PJ1 engine paint and give it a fresh coat. I took that piece out and painted the case. It's probably left over from its RZ350 days in case you dropped the bike so there was less chance of damaging the case and clutch basket. I was thinking about getting a polished aluminum or chrome one for mine. I'm not sure if I will though.

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
My next set of rims are going to be a set of HiPer's Beadlocks. Cost a lot of money but they are close to indestructable. Plus they look cool. I still like me Razr II's there are probably pretty heavy compared to others but They hook up like crazy.

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
ya gotta just stick with what you are used to. Everyone's riding style and power curve is different so what works for you doesn't necessarily work for me. I've never tried the Holeshots until now (they were on it when I bought it) but I'm really starting to like them. Granted I don't drag race so these comments may be a little off subject. The ITP wheels and holeshot tire combo is very lightweight. I didn't even realize it until I took the hubs off to paint them. Heck I didn't even know that I had the durablue hubs! Talk about some weight savings. Those are unbelievably lightweight.

·
Banned
0 Posts
for the sand get the lightest wheel you can either doulgas blue label or even get them cut. i'm gonna get the douglas blue label with the slasher design cut in form direct drive. an i usually use regualr skat trac hualers i heard the extreme were quite a bit heavier than the regualar but then agina that what i "hear" from people. anyways if your gonna drag race on dirt i'm still thnking that trimmed turf tamers on drag cut doug wheels woudl be best. oh yeha i have razr II and i thn they are ok. the trails where i've been riding lately are always wet so the razrs clump up alot i ended up swapping to some quadracer rear hub and tossing on a set of really old blackwaters. now i can wheelie in the mud. Big K has been running the same thing on his shee out there. well before he got hurt. nobody could hang with either of us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts