Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to look at a couple of zillas that a guy was selling for 2500 said one was sweet the other was complet and in parts. So we figured great buy it sell everything off and easily double our money. Well we showed up and what a heap of dump this thing was. He sayed it had an extended swingarm it was stock that was lenghtened. It looked like the head had a leak so they took some kind of liquid gasket and smeared it around the top. I really have not seen a zilla in that bad of shape. Then the bucket of parts looked like it had been left out in the rain for a year or so. The cylinder from the parts bike was all rusted and grooved up on the inside. What a dissapointment it was to drive all that way to see that the guy was blowing smoke up his ass. If anyone see something like this deal in NH please beware of what you are getting. This guy lies about everything about it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ya I'm looking also for a zilla. This guy I emailed said it's in good shape. Shape ya good no. lol. I hate to see what shape a zilla is in when they say that it is in bad shape. :wacko:

·
Banned
733 Posts
i hate it when people tell you that it is in good shape and then you take a long drive to check it out thinking your going to buy it and when you get there it's basically a mound of shit. people like that need the hell beat out of them. i would tell as many people about that guy as possible....... damn i would have hit the dude for lying, but thats me..... thats why i work in a prison........ :evil:

·
Banned
0 Posts
one mans junk is another mans dream. remmeber that. i've learned all about how true that saying is building old cars. i was once told about a bad ass LT250r that was in a shed that the top end was gone on. the guy wanted $1000 for it. so i jump at the chance to go look at it. luckily it was down the street from my work. anyways i get there and he's pulls out a 87 LT250R that the enigne is blown like he said the frame has a twist in the front and the plastic was "race cut" or broekn off then recut to make it look half ass presentable (so he thouhgt) anyway i was already there so i told him i'd give him $500 for the shit box (actual words) and he told me pretty much to get screwed. two days later he calls and i went and got it for 450. it's now been 3 years 1 new frame and lots and lots of hours on ebay and on the phone with this person or that person. it's now a roller and the crank is on it's way to scott for a rebuild. and thats how i got project q-racer.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Man I wish I could luck into a deal like that. I got screwed on my zilla when I got it but now thanks to that one bad deal I know really well how to work on it. And now I have an almost brand new ride. But those sellers who lie really suck. Just like on ebay it can be great or you can loose your ass.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
i know this is really old but i remember seeing that in the want AD a while back. was in there for so long i wondered why it didn't sell. i was going to go and look at it but did't have the money at the time, good thing would have been a waste of time.

a few years back i was selling a lt125. and a kid called me up saying he had a 85 atc250r in great shape even had an aftermarket swinger that pivoted when you turned. i thought wow this most be some cool shit. well i got there it was a piece. the grass was 3ft high around it. looked like it hadn't moved in 10 years. well for his aftermarket swinger the axle bearings were shot. i don't know if he was a lier or just stupid. anyway he wanted 1500 and i bought it for 300. big drop in price.

at least in the want AD you can go and see it and its not across the country like on ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts