Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a broken CDI (HB9 CF552) of my 87' TRX 250 (310). My dealer told me, that the ignition of the TRX 400 99'-04' is the same and sold me a aftermarket CDI box of a Trx 400. Now I tried and the good thing is, it started with the first kick. But my feeling is that it has less power und get not into the high rpm's. Has somebody expirience with this? or a better CDI replacement?
Thanx

·
Registered
871 Posts
um isnt the trx 400 a 4 poke? wouldnt the cdi work diffrently? and im sure it limmits it to a certain rpm coming off a 4 stroke

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don`t know a thing about that, but I would agree with yamasaki, could work, but if you get a 70% output, you will go where ever you want, just not as fast...
I bet the limiter is set to work properly on the 400, no other engines.

·
Live to Ride-Ride to Live
3,139 Posts
What? Get a 250r cdi and throw that poker cdi in the trash! two completely different engines and ignition set ups, your dealer is a dumbass!

·
Registered
342 Posts
What? Get a 250r cdi and throw that poker cdi in the trash! two completely different engines and ignition set ups, your dealer is a dumbass!
hahaha :Laugh5: can`t be more direct !!!

·
I just wanna ride!!
5,668 Posts
I'm pretty sure the timing map is probably way different. I agree with the others, take it back. That like pure the computer off a piper cub and sticking it in a F15 fighter jet.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
sure he wasnt thinking of a 250x?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts