Everything2Stroke Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
joee20002 said:
thats just for the clamp on kind . if you want the muffler kind its like 125.00
65, 125 it dont matter. As long as I dont drive 8hrs to find out I cant ride. That, my friend, would suck

·
Registered
654 Posts
talk about people moving to a town then complaining, around here some city people moved to the country then sued the pig farmers because of the smell, the farmers have been there for generations, u know they were there when u move there so move again or live with it. i like pork chops, bacon ham so i live with it, only smell it a few times, really bad when they spread it on the fields. im not going to live in the city, no yard to ride in that and i like to do things with my wife behind the house in the summer. cant do that in the city. the point is u move u should know what could be or is around u before u buy

·
Registered
156 Posts
fulltiltrider said:
So Chris, Do you know where you can get the, I guess they are some sort of clamp on, silencer/sparky for a drag pipe? And if you do, do you think they will quiet it down enough. I dont want to haul the zilla all that way to find out I cant ride because of my cpi being too loud.
i know you asked Chris. i don't know if they carry them for drag pipes? i can check next time up there. last year i didn't get checked once for sound, i never saw them checking last year? but in the past i have been checked plenty. the 500s seem loud to the DNR and got checked often. i passed than, but would not pass now. so in a few months i'll find out. you can always put your bike in the back of your truck and bring it in that way?

·
Banned
0 Posts
i always go in with the bike in the truck... that way i have a few simple tools, a cooler, and a way to hual ouit a broken quad... preferably not one of my brokeen quads but... haha you get the idea... oh and everyonce in a while smk and dozer dave wanna race trucks.....

·
Banned
150 Posts
so really.... how loud is too loud and how do you get it checked before you go to s l? i have been there a bunch of times and never been checked nor have i seen them check anybody but this is definitely not the first time i have heard of it.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
96 db i think it is.. give or take a db or to.. unless your running a shorty silencer.. if you have good packing in and a sparky you should pass the sound check just fine.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i live in western PA and nobody really cares about that stuff. I have never been tested, and none of my friends ever been tested. the only time we have trouble is when we ride the road. i also live in the middle of nowhere lots of woods and logging trails. but that is crazy how they are trying to trap you guys.
i live in wexford county, and ride alot in missaukee county and never been checked for sparkys ors dbs.... the only problems i have is when riding on the road that gets theyre attention real quick ........but on the trails there are so many i have never even seen the dnr in the trails.........i ride alot of the logging trails and state land but never see anyone......also missaukee county due to tourism they have made it legal to ride the shoulder of the road but only at 25mph....... imo i think its a trap cuz i have yet to see a pinger with a speedo, and at silver lake i agree with *** cuz thats some major bullshit if it wasnt for us duners they wouldnt even live there to begin with.......how do you think they got all the money for the construction of that little town.......from the duners like us......instead of bitchin about us they should be thanking us for making life around silver lake possible.......fuckers

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i live in wexford county, and ride alot in missaukee county and never been checked for sparkys ors dbs.... the only problems i have is when riding on the road that gets theyre attention real quick ........but on the trails there are so many i have never even seen the dnr in the trails.........i ride alot of the logging trails and state land but never see anyone......also missaukee county due to tourism they have made it legal to ride the shoulder of the road but only at 25mph....... imo i think its a trap cuz i have yet to see a pinger with a speedo, and at silver lake i agree with *** cuz thats some major bullshit if it wasnt for us duners they wouldnt even live there to begin with.......how do you think they got all the money for the construction of that little town.......from the duners like us......instead of bitchin about us they should be thanking us for making life around silver lake possible.......fuckers
lol.. yeah where did they get the money.. if you think about it.. the parking lot holds what 450 to 500 trucks.. if each person bring atleast 2 quads or buggys whatever. thats $18 a rig.. Thats like 8100 to 9000 just for the parking lot.. that doesnt include the 2000 dune ready vouchers. .. on any giving holiday silver lake makes over 22,000 dollars... it all comes down to greed i guess..

61 - 71 of 71 Posts