·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
having some monster dunes would be nice

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just speculation

My opinion is that silver lake will be shut down eventually.

Here is my reasoning:

If the state continues to control it, they might not have the funding for it.

A few incidents ruin things for everyone. As long as injuries continue, someone will get lawsuit happy. This is especially true if it is somehow made into a private venture, insurance rates would be skyhigh. I am not sure if the state is protected against these things. Even if the state thinks the are, lawyers could find a way.
The term negligence can be used to win ALOT of court cases.

And last but not least, the damn global warming fanatics/tree huggers will help slowly increase emission laws until these vehicles become illegal.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
At least in Michigan, dnr is just checking for sparkys and db levels. Here in Pa they roll their quad on its side and lay in the bushes like they wrecked, then when you stop to see if they are ok, they pull out the badge. Those sneaky bastards. So if you wreck in Pa and I go flying by without even looking in your direction, dont blame me , blame the damn state.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Blaster250 said:
My opinion is that silver lake will be shut down eventually.

Here is my reasoning:

If the state continues to control it, they might not have the funding for it.

A few incidents ruin things for everyone. As long as injuries continue, someone will get lawsuit happy. This is especially true if it is somehow made into a private venture, insurance rates would be skyhigh. I am not sure if the state is protected against these things. Even if the state thinks the are, lawyers could find a way.
The term negligence can be used to win ALOT of court cases.

And last but not least, the damn global warming fanatics/tree huggers will help slowly increase emission laws until these vehicles become illegal.
well from what i understand that the dunes are moveing closer to the houses and the parking lot faster and faster every year 300 ' in the last 12 years

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
What is the DB limit there and how much is the ticket for the sound & sparks?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
xxxbansheexxx said:
fulltiltrider now that is really sneaky
I know people that have been busted that way. Granted they were on the old railroad beds that run everywhere here. you were allowed on them for the last 30 yrs but since about 5 yrs ago they have been turning them into state walking trails. (Cough)Bullshit(cough). We still run them quite frequently, just not close to those certain "popular" spots. It was cool, it was like having a atv highway from town to town. Assholes have to ruin it all!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
paulie that DB thing is damn near nonexistatn up there.. but it;s 98DB.. they let in anything under 100... thats IF they test you which when they do test is something liek every 9th machine.. if they do test and you fail... go back to the lot.. rip theband off ur bars and go back through...

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
Damn... They're really out to get you guys.
They don't mess with us in the dunes like that unless you attract that attention, it' a diff story in the trails though..
They keep a really close eye on the 2 strokes!

. | . | .

·
4 poke killer
827 Posts
fulltiltrider said:
At least in Michigan, dnr is just checking for sparkys and db levels. Here in Pa they roll their quad on its side and lay in the bushes like they wrecked, then when you stop to see if they are ok, they pull out the badge. Those sneaky bastards. So if you wreck in Pa and I go flying by without even looking in your direction, dont blame me , blame the damn state.
ha ha thats crazy me and about 15 other guys were riding and took a little break in a big open sandpit and a guy walks out of the woods trying to say his fourwheeler got stuck and needed help well we said we couldnt and about 20 seconds later the d.e.c come hauling ass out of the woods in a jeep trying to trap people

·
Rub some dirt on it
234 Posts
i live in western PA and nobody really cares about that stuff. I have never been tested, and none of my friends ever been tested. the only time we have trouble is when we ride the road. i also live in the middle of nowhere lots of woods and logging trails. but that is crazy how they are trying to trap you guys.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
daBIGstuff said:
i live in western PA and nobody really cares about that stuff. I have never been tested, and none of my friends ever been tested. the only time we have trouble is when we ride the road. i also live in the middle of nowhere lots of woods and logging trails. but that is crazy how they are trying to trap you guys.
Where are you located in western Pa. Are you familiar with "Rails to trails". This is our biggest problem. They arent tricking you to stop to have your quad tested, they are getting you for being on the trails that alot of older riders have enjoyed for 30yrs. and handing you a nice 1500 dollar fine and confescating your machine.

They are turning them into "walking trails". Now who in the fuck is going to walk 30 miles out into the middle of no where. I can see part of the trail system from my house and since it was completed last yr I have yet to see anyone "walking" on it. Still see quads though lol. The local dep officer actually chases you on his personal raptor. He has chased me before, and I made him eat a face full of railroad rocks after I let him close in and gave him a fist full of 3rd. lol

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
370banshee said:
they really only check for sparkies and stickers..
So Chris, Do you know where you can get the, I guess they are some sort of clamp on, silencer/sparky for a drag pipe? And if you do, do you think they will quiet it down enough. I dont want to haul the zilla all that way to find out I cant ride because of my cpi being too loud.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
daBIGstuff said:
i live in beaver county, i may have heard of rails to trails. What county r u in?
Cambria, a little over an hour east of pittsburgh

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
fulltiltrider said:
So Chris, Do you know where you can get the, I guess they are some sort of clamp on, silencer/sparky for a drag pipe? And if you do, do you think they will quiet it down enough. I dont want to haul the zilla all that way to find out I cant ride because of my cpi being too loud.
you can buy one at dune land next to the dunes for like 65 bucks.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts