Everything2Stroke Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
:Thumbsup2:Snap, I was hoping you had a drawing of the geometry I could get a copy of :Banghead1:
I was kind of kicking around the idea of doing the same to a Blaster. There's a DIY on another forum for standard yfz 450 arms on a blaster.

With a nose heaavy Banshee won't making it shorter make it even more so?

No matter, looking forward to finished product :Ok

Yes, the new frame I have designed for my Banshee will be a little shorter than a standard Banshee Frame, it will be the same length as the YFZ-450R/X. Your right the nose of the Banshee is heavy. The heavy nose combined with the steep steering stem angle are one of the many reasons why a Banshee feels so so much heavier than a YFZR when you ride the two back to back even though the total difference in the wet weight is only one pound.

I'll be running a Stellar Heavy Duty +4 Arched Ladder Chromoly Swingarm on the Hybrid Frame I'm having built a long with a upgraded adjustable rear shock link and a dual rate long travel rear shock. So I'm hoping after a little fine tuning I will be able to keep the rear tires biting and the nose of the quad planted.

Anyway, this is a gift to you my friend, I hope this helps you with your own Blaster/YFZ-450R hybrid frame build,. A Blaster with 2009+ YFZ-450R Geometry would be SWEET, and defiantly one of a kind. I hope the rendering bellow is what you were wanting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That new carburetor/airbox manifold looks very trick. I had my airbox off and was wondering why it wasn't designed for better flow. Looking good so far.
Thank you Fearnot, I have a lot of money invested in that air box, I won't say how much because I don't want to get hazed over it. Lol.

I figured there would be a lot of guys giving me ten kinds of hell over the air box. I ran that air box setup with 32mm/34mm UPP Poly Air Box Boots on my 392cc Trail Serval Ported Serval with 32mm Mikuni TM Flat Slides, and it worked perfect.

I actually took the modified air box off and tried a set of 7" UNI Dual Stage Foam Filter Pods with Outerwear's Pre-Filters that belonged to a buddy of mine that had them on his 06 Banshee with 34mm Keihin (PJ's I think) with stock dune ported cylinders and a 4 mil crank.

I thought I would need to re-jet the carbs so I put a brand new set of NGK-IX Plugs in it so I could see how far off it was. I rode it for about 15 minutes, pulled out on the road wound out 5 gears, killed the ignition and coasted back into my shop. I let the motor cool down a little and pulled the plugs, and compared them to the set I had taken out. No jetting changes were needed, so that pretty much told me the modified air box wasn't restricting the 32mm Mikuni TM's or the 392cc Trail ported Serval. It might have been in my head but I felt like my bike was faster and more responsive with the modified air box/K&N Filter than it was with the twin 7" UNI Foam Filter Pods. I know without a doubt it felt smoother and had a lot less intake noise.

I'm just hopping it will feed this new trail ported 535cc Cheetah. I sent the Pro-Flow K&N Billet Aluminum Filter Adapter with a buddy that owns a machine shop and got him to machine the inside of it to allow more air flow and I bought the Red UPP Poly 38mm/39mm Air Box Boots, those are the only two changes I've made so far.

The Only other thing I might do is measure the inside of the air box and see if K&N will make me a custom air filter thats a 1.5"-2.0" longer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You going to cover the cost?

This stuff takes years some times.
I've got everything else other than those items and I plan on getting that stuff over the next 6 weeks, then I'll be dropping everything off so he can get started. I really think this is going to turn out bad ass! I'll keep this thread updated as it comes along.

I figured after a year, something might happened when he said in 6 weeks it would start. Just interested in this project. It is actually interesting compared to the typical post on here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This YFZ-R Custom Hybrid is happening!
I've got everything else other than those items and I plan on getting that stuff over the next 6 weeks, then I'll be dropping everything off so he can get started. I really think this is going to turn out bad ass! I'll keep this thread updated as it comes along.
Anything? Been a long time since you posted this.
Over 16 months ago.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
It will have happened when he posts an update.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Lonestar or Leagers had a long travel frame at one time, cant remember witch one.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Looks like the moved the motor back a little bit to

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for a good reasonable custom ATV chassis/Frame Builder. I'm having a Ported 535cc Power Valved Cheetah built for a Banshee that I use as recreational trail rider and racer and I'd love to set this awesome power plant in a super strong, lightweight, Gusseted, and Powder Coated Long Travel Frame.

I've designed a Chromoly Steel LT Banshee Frame on a Auto Cad program that has the 2009+ YFZ-450R/X Frame Geometry that uses the stock or aftermarket YFZR or YFZX Front Suspension Components (A-Arms, Shocks, Tie Rods, Steering Stem, Steering Stem Flag, Spindles, Brakes, ect), Foot Pegs, Aluminum Sub Frame, Bumper, and Grab Bar. That houses the Banshee Motor and uses the stock or aftermarket Banshee Plastic, Seat, Heel Guards, Gas Tank, Radiator, Air Box, Rear Swingarm, Rear Shock, and Linkage. One of the best parts about my custom frame is the weight savings. Even with a +4 Arched Latter Swingarm and Aluminum Belly Skid Plate the wet weight of the quad will be reduced by 18lbs according to the CAD Program. 👍

I want to have a chassis builder build me this frame and a custom Heavy Duty +4 to +6 Arched Latter Swingarm and powder the frame a metallic candy red and the Swingarm Yamaha Silver. I want to run the long travel Elka Shock Linkage with a pull pin adjustable rear link adjustment. I'll probably run OE take off YFZX A-Arms and Shocks for a while but I'd like to eventually upgrade to stock length aftermarket A-Arms w/ Fox Float Evol-X Front Shocks and a Fox Podium Rear.

please let me know if you know of a chassis builder that can build me this frame. With the new CP 535cc PV Cheetah in this Chassis I will have one mean recreational trail Banshee to ride on and drag race in the river bottoms! Any input on a frame and chassis fabricator would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 30484
Hi. are you interasted to sell the drowings? please contact me threw [email protected]

21 - 38 of 38 Posts