Everything2Stroke Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1461 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am happy with the front mount it turned out pretty good I will keep everyone posted with how it works. I just have some small stuff to do now. Hey I am interested in that carb, send me a pm and let me know what you want for it. I have a couple mukini round slide carbs off of a sled I used to have they started life as a 44mm but have been bored to 48mm would that be to much carb for this motor?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Go

RZBansheeMan said:
That looks like a pretty clean install.........alot better than most I have seen pics of !

I will try to get a few pics of some of the frame mods I have done so far, but I still have plenty to do for my satisfaction before I can finish mounting the motor.

As for the kicker shaft, I am not for sure how hard they are yet but, I am going to try and get another one, basically cut the 2 shafts and have a chamffer turned on each and try welding them together to make ait an inch longer, then have it finish turned back to the original O.D. If that doesn't work maybe check and see about having a machine shop make a whole new one.

Do you have rubber in the swinger pivot area also ?

Thanks for your pics, if you could get some more I would greatly appreciate it.

Mike
The swingarm/rear motor mount is solid but the swingarm and motor pivot separate from each other.
The thought has crossed my mind about rubber isolating the swingarm bolt but then it does keep things in there proper spot.
But if you think about it since the rear motor mount is at a pivot point it does absorb some of the vibration of the motor.
I feel the vibration from the motor is in the form of a up and down surge, that is why I pivot from the rear motor mount and combine the mid & front motor mounts together to one lower rubber isolator and one top isolator off the head stay.

I will try to get some more pictures on here sometime this week
________
Ship Sale

·
Registered
134 Posts
I thought that same thing about the up and down movement and keeping the swinger pivot solid but I didn't, however if the rubber isn't stiff enough there, I will try using poly leaf spring bushings.

I know it is a different situation but on vehicles mostly drag I'm speaking of, you don't put solid motor mounts up front and use rubber tranny mount, or rubber motor mounts and a solid tranny mount.

Mike

·
DEY TUK ER JUBBS
3,224 Posts
the pics arnt working for me, RZ ^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey, your mounting job looks really good, alot more sophisticated then mine, it should work good, but i have done this before and these motors put ALOT of force on the frame(vibrations), i think you may have to change that rear mount, the bent hanger one, i think you will need more strength to hold the engine striaght, instead of letting it hang on the rubber mount, or i could be lookin at it all wrong.... but give it a go, it will definatly work for a little while,... i have mine solid mounted and it ripped my frame on that mount, ill get some pictures on the weekend... other then that it looks awesome, alot cleaner then my rig

·
DEY TUK ER JUBBS
3,224 Posts
in this very last pic, is the frame cracked between where the two foot peg bolts go?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Go

very nice rz, your rear motor mount/frame mod is pretty much the same as mine.

The shifter had to be lengthened for my liking,
the 86 carb boot worked perfect for me, 93's have less angle and would aim the carb at the shock.
________
Paxil Lawsuits

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah I didn't know if we were talking about the same thing or not, but I had knocked the steal bushings out of the back of the engine cases and then reamed out the back of the engine cases to 25mm. That is where I put the rubber bushings, yet they are hidden by th spacer and the swingarm.

I will be using the 250r shifter and will be modding that.

It has a Boyesen Rad valve right now, and with the engine all the way to the left like it is, the carb is pointing directly at the frame. I would like to go with the V-Force 3 and maybe try the 86 carb boot.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Go

I left the hardned bushings in my cases but have thought about removing them.
Just still a little conserned about keeping the motor parrell to the axle.

I originally used the factory 88 air box slightly moved forward but now use a 14 long K&N that has a rubber 45 on the inlet. I bought it threw Packard Ent. but I believe ESR sells the same one.

I will interested in your thoughts at the end of the season on your rear motor mount rubber and maybe I will try it also next year.
________
Maine Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

·
Registered
134 Posts
The way I have the spacer made, it was a nice snug fit so the engine should hold paralell to the bolt and axle but only time will tell. If it doesn't hold up I was thinking of using some poly bushings, they obviously are much more rigid than rubber, yet they are more foregiving than steel.

The present carb angle........to be dealt with later.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Go

when you look at a few of the pics you will notice that on my last trip I lost my radiator scoop,swingarm nut and the pipe started cracking.
That is the bad thing with these 500's no matter what they vibrate parts off your bike!
________
LOVE FORUMS

41 - 60 of 1461 Posts