Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a cr 125 1994 , im from wiltshire, enlgand. im having a bit of a prob wiv my bike. im not getting top end from it, i think it maybe the exhaust,the end can has a little leak and where the fatty pipe goes into the engine, it is leaking there also. is it that the bike is loosing compression and that is why it will not reach full performance???

when i first got bike i had my dad pull the carb apart and clean it out,but still the bogging down persists? any feed back would be great thanx..

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
welcome tony, tell us more specifics about yur issue please.

·
Registered
871 Posts
first off welcome to the site. we love pics here and more info about the bike would help when was last rebuild. do you knwo how much compression it has?

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
could be anything tony, what size jets? what size carb, what is your fuel to oil ratio... start simple clean the filter and change the spark plug

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first off thanx guys.

not sure wat size jets or carb,.. well i had a quick go on field behind mates house, went accross fied and back a few times, on last run turn around to come back i was in first gear .gave it a hand full then went to stick it in second , but went to nutral with lots of rev then i stuck it in second with all them revs and omg it ran like shit off a shovel.

what should the fuel oil mix be (ratio)..0....parts....0. cr 125 94..thx again!

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
welcome to the site. if your pipe is just leaking a little oil here and there, well, thats sounds normal for an engine that is running a little rich. two stroke pipes arent sealed like a four stroke's is, so a little seapage will happen.how does the tip of your silencer look? is it dripping oil? that is just one thing to check. sometimes being a little rich on your jetting can cause a lack of topend power. there is the possibility of other things, but doin a plug chop and reading your plugs and get your jetting right is a good start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well will check tomorrow as bike locked up in mates shed , great info, although i think there is abnormal leaking of the end can.(leaking fumes,smoke). Im going to replace rivets on the end can. My dad reckons i should adjust the fuel air mixture screw on carb. and see if that changes any thing.

the exhaust has some kind of d.i.y sealant on it,on the end can and the start of the fatty pipe. The guy i got it from said it had new plug cap & lead.......think i will replace them both again. Do you think it could be the power bands ..?????.. thx

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
Do you think it could be the power bands ..?????.. thx
:Laugh9: you are jokin right?? there is no such part as a "powerband". the powerband is the range in the RPM's where the bike is makin it's power.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
well will check tomorrow as bike locked up in mates shed , great info, although i think there is abnormal leaking of the end can.(leaking fumes,smoke). Im going to replace rivets on the end can. My dad reckons i should adjust the fuel air mixture screw on carb. and see if that changes any thing.

the exhaust has some kind of d.i.y sealant on it,on the end can and the start of the fatty pipe. The guy i got it from said it had new plug cap & lead.......think i will replace them both again. Do you think it could be the power bands ..?????.. thx
dude there are no "power bands" every motor has a power band, which it were the motor makes the most power and torque efficiently...

·
Premium Member
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i am new to this , so dont now alot bout the mechanics, i do appreciate great info keep it coming. do you know what the ideal oil to fuel mix i should be using , so i can rule the out.thx again...tony

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
do a compression check. no sense in trying to re-jet a worn out engine.. lack of topend can also be from a exhaust valve that doesnt function or open... Its a 125. so its probably just worn out... pull it apart and rebuild.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
Welcome. Check lists should include:
1) Jetting
2) Compression test
3) If you have a reputable dealer withing reach get the CDI tested. It might be failing which won't allow the spark to advance enough (not that common on the 93-97 CRs but it can happen)
4) the obvious group (fouled plug, dirty air cleaner, poor fuel)

Normally this sounds like top end wear and needs inspection but other factors could be at work as mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
compression check first. A worn out engine can run rich with the correct jets.. rejetting a worn out bike is a waste of time. I would check float level though.. dirty airfilter, reeds, etc.. But if you have the carb off, and the pipe already needs resealed.. then its a no brainer to pull the jug IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi again, took my carb off again and and took out reed bloke and noticed that one of the reed valves, has cracked and worn on one corner, think reed block is made by boisten ,...
going to order a new one tomorrow ,. will update when replaced .............

1 - 18 of 18 Posts