Everything2Stroke Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
Awesome ! Now get some riding in before it shuts down again ! LOL !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
LOL, To late while doing the other repairs I notice that one of the carrier bearing was bad. :Dope:
Good news is I'm halfway done with that repair already I'm just waiting on the bearing to get here now, and it not that hard of a repair. Unlike trying to figure out tuning, wiring, and mechanical issues all at the same time.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
You seem to have the Luck like me..( It could rain Pussy and you always get hit in the head with a Dick ) LOL !

At least, you are making head-way with your bike...Patience .. patience .. patience...You'll get it Ironed out !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
It's all done, decided to post a pic so you all can actual see the problem child I've been working on. the pic not that good and the bike is dirty but that's what happens when you do a test ride in the rain.

Attachments

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
Awesome ! Just get the dirty finger prints off the seat so they don't get on the wife's pants while doing more photo shoots ! LOL!

Congrats ! sometimes, it can be a frustrating Mutha getting these things ironed out but patience and some of us here will help you to get that bugger up and running again !

p.s. don't forget to fill the gas tank, That'll be you're next "no-start" issue.

Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok I did the compression check with the bike cold sence I can't get it started right now the reading was 163 psi, then pulled the reads out and looked them over really good; while with the human eye they looked good no cracks, chips, splits, and they appeared to be making a good seal, but after putting a little fuel around the edge of the reeds to see if they were making a good seal; it showed that the reeds are not completely sealing. That being said I think that's just saying they will work but I definitely need to get some new ones soon.

I will have to double check the spark when I have two people here later. I have not tried starting fluid or pull starting maybe I can do all of these tomarrow, I might have some help. Never thought that I'd be wish that one of my kids was a lazy bum just sitting around the house. LOL thank god their not.
Dude...STOP!!!...replace the damned reeds...they're not a million dollars...stop trying to use the old shit and put a few bucks in the damned thing...new reeds, clean or replace the air filter(if it falls apart in your hand, replace it), clean the carb since it's been sitting for a shitload of years...your compression is really good at 163...an engine needs 3 things to run, Air, fuel and spark...simple, if you're missing one of the 3, NO RUN!!!...stop trying to do backyard fixes and open your wallet for a bit...change plug, clean/replace the air filter, put new fuel in the tank, and if you know what you're doing 🙄😏, clean the carb, I don't mean on the outside, but inside, make sure there aren't any goobers in the jets, idle, main, air bleeds and idle air needle...blow all the orifices with compressed air before reassembly...then try to start it...don't try to save so much money and do the job right...it'll save u money in the long run...I'm still in shock that you "flipped the reed petals" 🙄...geezus!!...replace them!!!!!!!....

41 - 48 of 48 Posts