Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a blaster for my daughter(13) and the guy says he will trade for my KX250 has me a bit concerned since the kx is alot older but sadly don't know much about the blasters can you guys give me some advice as to what I might be getting into? here's the description of the blaster
2000 yamaha blaster. I am selling the bike as is. It does not run.

Needs: Crank bearing (i think), both front brake drums (the clips that hold the cables in place broke off), rear brake lines, and a right front balljoint.

Upgrades: 240 bore kit (weisco), V-force triple reeds, HotRod Crank, LRD Performance Specialties full exhaust, Aluminum grab bar and front bumper, Dual piston rear brake calibur, aftermarket rims, new PivotWorks bearings all around and a blaster zone aluminum handlebar bracket.

I have the title. The plastics are okay, no cracks. The bike is very quick, not for beginners. I bought it for 1500 last year and put about 15 hours on it over the course of 8 months and it started to knock a little (this is why I think it's the crank bearing) and the bike just will not fire now. It has spark and gets fuel. The repairs should not cost mroe than a couple hundred bucks. I have no time or money to fix it.

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
im thinkin that blasty with those issues is not worth as much as your KX. just my personal oppinion. you could probably sell the KX and buy one in that shape for less than a grand (at least here ya can) and then take the extra cash to spend on the goodies you have planned for a build/rebuild.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even though the KX is an 86? My main issue was mine runs and too many people lately think .040 over means add 40cc he has no proof its a 240 wont pull off the head.

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
well he clearly doesnt know what hes got or maybe he is being dishonest ,wiseco never made a 240 kit for the blaster,probably a stock jug that dropped its skirt from being ran too long without a fresh rebuild (just guessing of coarse) funny that the guy doesnt even know whats wrong with the engine yet has an estimate on what the cost is to repair it ???? hard to say without seeing pics ofhte machines but sounds like both machines are only worth around 5-700 bucks.just an estimate on potential parts :
new crank is going to be 160-170 the piston/bearing/TE gasket kit is 100-120 unless it is a big bore 72mm then its more like 170-180 ish the bore job is 50-60 bottom end gasket kit 35-55 new vitos big bore kit is 520ish

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
71 Posts
i agree, theres too much that could be wrong with it, and he doesnt wanna prove it's a simple fix, i wouldnt do it,
plus if it is a 240bbk, is your 13 year old daughter really ready for that ????
one quick way to tell is if it has a stock pipe, if so i doubt it's a true 240, thats defeating the purpose, and anyone with 5-600 beans will have the loot for a pipe too.
i'd look to trade or buy an 03 or newer blaster, they can be had in great, running condition for under $1500, and come equipped with full factory hydro brakes

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree, theres too much that could be wrong with it, and he doesnt wanna prove it's a simple fix, i wouldnt do it,
plus if it is a 240bbk, is your 13 year old daughter really ready for that ????
one quick way to tell is if it has a stock pipe, if so i doubt it's a true 240, thats defeating the purpose, and anyone with 5-600 beans will have the loot for a pipe too.
i'd look to trade or buy an 03 or newer blaster, they can be had in great, running condition for under $1500, and come equipped with full factory hydro brakes

it says it has a lrd pipe, as for the 240 part, it would just be put on a shelf till she was ready, if it needs to be rebuilt I'm sure I could find a stock topend fairly cheap. pretty sure I'll just try to sell the kx and look for a blasty or something else. Now the guy isn't nuch of a mechanic and won't pull the head to check it out but knows whats probably wrong? kinda sounds related to the owner of the last quad I looked at, all he could say about it was that it had new motor mounts and antireeze and that the cdi that was bad was new also .
Thank you for the help guys.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i dont know about his one the guy almost sounds like he is to lazy to just fix the stuff on the bike that needs to be fixed to me

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
i wouldn't trade! doesn't run n he doesn't wanna fix it for a reason...maybe somebody on this site would be interested in yur bike for a blaster...post it in the classies bro.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where about PA are you from lt250r? I pick Blasters up all the time here in western pa to resell. Have one to go look at Saturday that will be in the $650-800 range. Should make a great first quad.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm near stroudsburg.
Not gonna trade for this blasty. I started pulling the kx apart to spruce it up and polish some parts on it , and than see what I can do with it from there.
I'll post up some pics as I get stuff done to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts