Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
38mm is too big for a 250 with just a pipe, IMO. I wouldn't go any bigger than a 36mm and that might be stretching it if there is no other motor work done. If I remember correctly the 85/86 only came with a 32mm Mikuni round slide and they bumped them up to a 34mm Mikuni flat slide for 87+ models. Never fooled with the Lectron's but I always heard they're a PITA to tune.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
I have a 38 on my 86.
The only PITA is getting the air box boot to fit over the carb. Just hafta do a little stretching.
As for the Lectron carb. Pretty simple to tune, Have that one on my 88 lt that's set-up for Alky.

Joe

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got my lectron from TC Racing (38). I aquired a 34. He set them up and I've never touched them. The 34 runs ok but the 38 runs better.
They run 32 and 34 mm's on racing 90cc mini quads.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have a 38 on my 86.
The only PITA is getting the air box boot to fit over the carb. Just hafta do a little stretching.
As for the Lectron carb. Pretty simple to tune, Have that one on my 88 lt that's set-up for Alky.

Joe
If you have a hard time getting a boot on you can dip it in boiling water for a minute, it won't melt but will soften it up to help it slip over the carb.

What sort of work do you have done to your 86? I'm betting more than just a pipe like the OP. I tried running a stock 38mm zilla carb on my (mostly stock) 86 250 and it was too much, had to take the jets down so far I had a hard time jetting it correctly. I know a few guys that run them and the 39pwk on 250's that are built for racing but those are pretty well built engines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts