Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1989 250R with a K&N filter, FMF pipe, Fatboy2 silencer. Gonna put VForce reeds and a new topend in it. Found a 40.5 mm carb for sale but seller told me it might be to big for a stock bore engine? Apparently he took it off his R. Would this be to big for my bike? Any help here would be appreciated.

·
I just wanna ride!!
5,668 Posts
I just bought a 1989 250R with a K&N filter, FMF pipe, Fatboy2 silencer. Gonna put VForce reeds and a new topend in it. Found a 40.5 mm carb for sale but seller told me it might be to big for a stock bore engine? Apparently he took it off his R. Would this be to big for my bike? Any help here would be appreciated.
If you have a stock cylinder, I'd say a 40.5 is going to be too big.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey I believe you bought this from me off of ebay. It may be too big but try it, It wont hurt. I sent you the intake, cable, and carb for CHEAP. lol. You can sell it for more money on one of the forums if needed. ( Baptiste right? ) Hope I got the right person lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wes you are correct, maybe I will put it on my brothers R he has the 330 kit. Or maybe down the road I drop the money on the kit too, I couldnt pass it up on that price ! I probably should have went maybe 38 mm huh. Oh well still happy with the purchase. Those your bikes there in the photo?

·
Registered
109 Posts
wes you are correct, maybe I will put it on my brothers R he has the 330 kit. Or maybe down the road I drop the money on the kit too, I couldnt pass it up on that price ! I probably should have went maybe 38 mm huh. Oh well still happy with the purchase. Those your bikes there in the photo?

Yes, I still have the grey bike, Its built by FTZ witht he pilot cylinder, 390cc. I just put a Lectron 44mm carb is why I sold that carb. The white bike I sold/traded for a boat. The white bike actually was on ebay last week and ended up selling for 2500$. That was a good deal on that bike, I had lots of $ tied into that one! Anyway I sent the throttle cable out on Saturday, I was in a hurry to ship the carb on Friday and forgot to pack it all in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts