21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
what should I look for when I take the reeds off anyway? and I'm runnin 35mm PWK airstrykers climb

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts
what should I look for when I take the reeds off anyway? and I'm runnin 35mm PWK airstrykers climb
Flimsy, brittle, cracked, broken petals! Bend them back a little to make sure they have a good snap.
Sometimes it it's even hard to tell if bad just by looking at them.
Switch complete reed block assembly from one cylinder to the other and see what happens.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
will do, I'll probly do that while I'm screwin around with the head

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
found out whats goin on.... one of the throttle cable adjuster screws on top of the caps is stripped so the fastener nut just moves up and down every time I try and tighten and adjust it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Guys,
Been working on my 92 shee and tried a home made trick when checking sync off idle.
I screwed the throttle stop in all the way and had better luck with syncing at 1/4 throttle.
I could hold throttle at a set RPM and move air gauge from side to side without worrying about a bad reading.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i had the same problem with my friends banshee, right pipe not working. working only at hig revs.
i will suggest check your reeds make sure its seats correctly and clean your carburetors out. get an air compresor and blow through the mains and pilots. syc the carbs. i use a syc tool by cbperformance.com,
model # type bk synchrometer to syc my cabs at idle and adjust at half throttle if you have the tors remove or not

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is what i found out the hard way ! `03 shee , orderd 35pwk`s and motion pro 2-1 cable ! I could not get it to idle or run right ! Did some checking and keihin makes longer then stock adjusting screws for the caps on the carbs (why they just don`t send them out , who knows) it`s also very important to secure the cable at the Y so when turn the bars it does`nt rev outta control ! Both learned the hard way !

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is what i found out the hard way ! `03 shee , orderd 35pwk`s and motion pro 2-1 cable ! I could not get it to idle or run right ! Did some checking and keihin makes longer then stock adjusting screws for the caps on the carbs (why they just don`t send them out , who knows) it`s also very important to secure the cable at the Y so when turn the bars it does`nt rev outta control ! Both learned the hard way !
Ya I fixed my problem. I never had a problem with the cable I already had on though. I know what you're sayin about the turn revving, I had a problem with a friend's blaster doing that?! Scared the piss outta me

·
Registered
127 Posts
after using the sync tool has anyone ever had that air/ fuel screws needing to be a differn't amount of turns out like say 1 3/4 and the other 2 turns out when using the tool? or is it always the same amount of turns out

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
No dude same turns the idle is adjusted by the idle screws and then you need to have the bike Rev to mid throttle by adjusting the screw on the thumb throttle out to bring the idle up and sync the Caribs via th cable screws on top of the carbs

21 - 33 of 33 Posts