Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly sure my carbs arent synced very well...
when I ride it at about 1/4 throttle I can kinda only hear one cylinder running? Is it normal to have only one firing at different throttle positions? (I wouldnt think it is....) but at idle, its fine, above 1/4 it kinda seems to stop? idk...
my question is how do I sync my carbs or tell if they are out of sync

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
sticky'd also

·
Supporting Member
845 Posts
I have Nitrotates DIY banshee vid (the one posted), and it very helpful with everything on a shee.

But the best way is to buy a sync tool. The sync tool is MUCH easier and more accurate. Worth every cent, a must have banshee tool.

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys, I've never had to do this before so I had no idea what to do.
the only thing that threw me off was I dont have any windows on the carbs since I have aftermarket PWK's. I lined em up as best as I could with my eyes and my friends. took it for a ride, held up better but I dont have an amazing tool set so the left locknut decided to come loose but ended up gettin it all figured out after two tries.
THANKS!

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
Ring Pirate Roachie!
841 Posts
when i synched mine i did the bottoms but also checked from about 3/4 throttle too cause sometimes with the tors u may have them rise together but for some reason they wont stay together to the top i never knew about that window...i saw it but didnt know what it was for

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont have one, and it actually didnt fix the problem.... a friend told me to check my plugs and the right cylinder is running richer than the left. Left is pretty much chocolate and right is black. what do you guys make of that

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
Go threw the carbs and clean them out good, as stated adjust the floats and inspect the reeds. Toss some new plugs in and do a plug chop

·
Registered
325 Posts
Your air fuel mixture could be off on the side that is black and wet.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
air fuel screw was off.... and i dont have the tools for a plug chop.
HEY but guess what?
clutch went out... got a new ebc dirt racer clutch, gotta try my best to get the bitch on by saturday even though i have no idea how to adjust it. it was either I do it or he my builder did it for $100.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what about adjusting stuff? does it just go in then I'm done? I saw the last part in the vid that said make sure you got a little freeplay in the lever but is that it? Because I'd think the new "heavy duty" springs would make it a lil different

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm gonna switch the carbs around today, this thing is still doin it....

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
you still running stock carbs???

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no, 35mm PWK's. switched em around after trying my absolute best to eyeball the syncing, got it, works a LOT better now, no more single cylinder running at half throttle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts