Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about spraying my a-arms... I need some suggestions on what ALL I need to do to make it get on stay on and look B-E-A-UTIFUL. I'm thinkin either a nice blue to match my seat and tank cover. Or just a gloss black.
Thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
links, anything?? lol

·
Premium Member
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you spray paint them the bottom arms will scratch up the first time you ride em'

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They arent even scratched now lol. And I've ridden it thru some tuff trails that my dad led me through.... but what PAINT!! should I use??? I need some links and suggestions!

CLIMB I love that idea!!!! :) thanks

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
I personally always sandblast anything I paint. It's only $20 + 5 for a bag of sand. For prepping parts to paint or powdercoat nothing is better.
I did my nastiest dirtiest 3 times painted swingarm this way.
The worst

During

Blasted

Done

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
get powder coating.. www. eastwood .com all the stuff you need bake them in your oven

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not leanin towards powercoating... I know its probly the best out of all the choices, but I'm goin cheap cuz I am gettin a Port job real soon here

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you want it to look good but not chip do the spray on bedliner. it wont chip and will give you a nice look too

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cant seem to find that looking good, but I'll try and find some at the autozone by my house. Anything else I could do? I've used Duplicolors stuff before and it chipped off on my nerf bars on my old blasty, but I'd guess the case is a little bit different this time right?

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
I'm not leanin towards powercoating... I know its probly the best out of all the choices, but I'm goin cheap cuz I am gettin a Port job real soon here
That's cool and understandable. At minimum ruff it up with some steel wool and make sure to wipe it down afterwards with some wax, oil, grease remover before you spray. Your paint will stick alot better.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Paulie :) Good advice

Ttshee, that sucks that I dont then damnit!!!

And Showtime, you're sayin your sprayed a frame stead of PCin it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
If your talking about stock oem a arms you can't powdercoat them, the oven will burn off the rubber gromet around the pressed in ball joint. Like i said i don't know what arms your talking about

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
stock. I can't afford aftermarket at 14 years old hahaha.
I think I'll just paint them soon.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah you can't powdercoat them, unless you wanna screw the balljoint up...lol Paint a few coats on them but don't use the cheap spray pait get the good stuff. I can't stand it when my buddy paints his stuff with junk.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts