Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I love 2 strokes, everything about them. My first was a Yamaha Bravo 1982. Anyways I want to get a 2 stroke 2 wheel drive race-type quad. I have looked at banshees and 250r's. I have found a 1986 250r for $2500 dollars. I phoned my Honda Parts store and they told me the red book value is ~$600, and that parts are very difficult to come by. I would love to purchase this machine but is it just going to be a headache if it breaks down? Can you find aftermarket parts for the whole machine? (example tranny or any part actually). Can I mod it later to go even faster? I was leaning towards banshee because more parts/mods/etc. But I like being a bit different and would love to have one of these. I am just at the point where I am somewhat tight on cash and don't want to blow it all fixing the machine. What are your thoughts? P.S. sorry for the big paragraph it is not letting me press enter.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You'll never find a 250R for what the book value is. 2500 is about the going price these days. Parts aren't impossible to come by, but it's not like buying for a YFZ or something. Kind of like a 60s muscle car. Can't find those for book value.

I'd recommend a Banshee if you're concerned about money as they're cheaper and can be fixed for relatively cheap because parts are everywhere. However, there are two cylinders so that doubles the price on nearly everything you buy new.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Don't worry about finding parts for the 250r. In the time I spent looking for my air cooled 250r and my lt250r I have noticed you can replace just about any part for the liquid cooled honda 250r (85-89). I'd say their just as easy as finding banshee parts because a couple of sites cater to the honda 250r ( I wish their was one for the lt). From my experience with hondas I'd say their one of the best machines cause they can take a beating and will keep asking for more thats why personally I'm a fan. So if you can get a good deal for one jump on it.:NodYes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I own 11 trx 250r's and the approach I use is simple!
Where do you want to ride it?
How much abuse is it going to see?
What kind of power oh HP do you want on it?
When I buy a trx 250r i always want the hard to find OEM parts in good condition, plastic, tires, wheels, handlebars, grab bar, wire harness, seat, headlight, because those are hard to replace or find even here out west.
I am never too concerned about engine except for left side case, engine can always be rebuilt and their are plentiful engine parts laving around out here.
But my thing I do not put too much aftermarket on my bikes just Roll pegs, extended axle, and desert tanks but again i like the look of stock 250R's and so they last longer I only use them at dunes, none will ever see water, mud, snow, or dirt, just sand.
But its all up to you what you want to do with it and a good way too save money do as much work as you can, good luck.

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,613 Posts
You own ELEVEN 250r's and we dont have a picture posted for us of them all lined up?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
No pics reason is I have 4 here at my hse in Mesa Az. I have 4 more at my cousins hse in Calexico Ca and I have 3 more at my moms hse in Ca as well. I only have a 2 car garage and believe me it is packed. But my riders are here with me in Az. The others in Ca are nice but I have attachment to them and those are my nieces riders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts