Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Live to Ride-Ride to Live
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this be a worth while option over buying an rtr and modding it? I was thinking it would be nice because I can build it exactly how I'd like it and I wouldn't be much more in the hole then buying a complete truck and modding it.

So for those that know, whats a good frame to go with? what about engine and drive line components?

Or its this just a dumb idea......

·
Registered
100 Posts
What kind of truggy are you talking about? If you are talking about the 1/8 scale racing truggys then I would say maybe buy a rtr or a kit. If you got the kit you would need to buy all of the running gear. If you mean a scale truck kind of truggy then you might want to buy an axial sc10. They are good performing platforms and look good while doing it.

·
IT ONLY TAKES 2-STROKES
1,794 Posts
i think the RTR's are not the best. i like kits, that way you can get the parts you want & most of the time are better, but 9 times out of 10 the kit ends up costing a lot more. you get what you pay for though...you should go brushless with a lipo, by far better all aound better than nitro.:thumbsup:

·
Live to Ride-Ride to Live
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, what kind of truck?
Not sure, guess thats part of the question.

i think the RTR's are not the best. i like kits, that way you can get the parts you want & most of the time are better, but 9 times out of 10 the kit ends up costing a lot more. you get what you pay for though...you should go brushless with a lipo, by far better all aound better than nitro.:thumbsup:
Good advice. I got a friend whos really into brushless's and they rip! But I just can't seem like them lol I like the smell of nitro and smoke :Thumbsup2:

I'll probably just get an rtr since its been its years since I had one, but I do like exploring my options :thumbsup:

·
Registered
985 Posts
I agree 100%. I haver always been an electric rc guy and love them.I recently got a 1/8 scale nitro and I will say it is a blast.But brushles is just so much fun.Less tuning and more driving time and tons of speed.I won't say don't get a ntiro as they are alot of fun but be ready to wrench quite a bit on it.I have 12 rc's and one nitro.Just seems the nitro takes a bit more attention than electric.I ususally have my 2 sons with me so maybe that is why I like electric so much.Just charge and go.I couldn't imagine having to keep an eye out on 3 nitro's driving around,especially with my boys driving them.lol I also like the kits much better.RTR takes a bit of enjoyment out of it for me but they are a little cheaper than building one.If you build one you get exactly what you want and have fun doing it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nitros are do require more maintenance but you cant beat the smell and sound. Since you already own a 2 stroke it would probably be no different than the bigger engines. Electrics are also fun and are good when you are feeling lazy. Get whatever fits you best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i built this UE truck. still not quite finished and i put just under $2000 into it. it started out as a RTR 2.5. and slowly i have been working on off an on over past 4 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i never ment for it to turn into what it is. i really like to bash. i bought a few parts and it just kinda snow balled. now i don't even want it to touch dirt. UE stuff is the best. this has been a very long project that i was never in a rush to finish. i knew what parts i wanted and i waited for them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I guess if you did it a little bit at a time it wouldnt be so bad. I could pick up a UE suspension set right now for 100 to put on my maxx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Royce Demolition Contractors Provides Commercial Demolition Contractors Service In NJ. We are the authorized Commercial Demolition and Excavation company.
Wrecking contractors New Jersey

1 - 16 of 16 Posts