Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m thinking of upgrading my banshee brake system :) Has anyone done this to their banshee?? :confused: I was thinking on puting another caliper on each front wheel, what do you think???
thxs

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
Have you replaced your brake lines? Steal braided brake lines make a huge difference. I don't see any more braking needs beyond that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking on putting that also. is that enough?? which ones are the better?? thxs

·
Banned
733 Posts
el_loco said:
I´m thinking of upgrading my banshee brake system :) Has anyone done this to their banshee?? :confused: I was thinking on puting another caliper on each front wheel, what do you think???
thxs
whats wrong with your current brakes? are they not working right? have you tried changing the brake pads? sorry man but there is no need to have 2 brake calipers on each front end unless you are really wanting to die soon!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think that they work ok. but i would like that they would break better :D

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
My guess is your looking to do endo's? Just get a set of Steel braided brake lines. The problem with stock lines is they are made of rubber so when you ram your brakes the rubber lines expand and takes away from the power of your brakes. Steel braided does not expand so all the power goes down to your caliper. As soon as I put mine on I was amazed at how hard the fronts locked up.

·
Banned
0 Posts
oh yeah nose wheelies or endos are great. the best thing i've ever done them on is my old blaster. adjust those front drum brakes kinda tight and let em rip. i'm gonna get a set of steel braidedlines for mine too. the stock banshee lines aren't very effective. becasue like jason says they expand alot and take away from your braking. if you really want to upgrade your brake the best bet is to buy some galfer brake parts like there wave rotors, steel lines, and their pad too. i think you'd be more than happy. twp calipers at each front whel sound like a good size helping of death to me. one small tap on those when your trail riding and you'd be a missle over the bars. tah or endos all the time

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thxs for your advice guys :D i´m going to put a steel braided lines on my banshee.
thxs

·
Registered
266 Posts
something else you might wana try is taking a whizzy wheel to yout rotors, i do this sometimes at work. it helps so "scuff" up the serface a little. use the brown or red wheels. obvisiouly this isn't going to make you stop like you have 4-piston calipers but every little bit helps right.

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
like everyone has said stainless steel lines make a world of difference. I have the Galfer ones with the rubber coating over them. My buddy had stock lines and I could make the lever touch the grip. You try that with the stainless steel ones and you'll never pull that lever to the grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts