Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just picked up a 2001 CR125. No bottom end what so ever. compression is good so its not that. When i start off even in 1st gear i got to rev it so much and im constantly on the clutch in hill climbs. i would change the sprockets but dont want to sacrifice top speed. So far i heard for these bikes the best things are put on a 2002 cr125 exhaust flange, add moose torque spacer, and try rejetting for a leaner mix but im shakey on that because i dont want it to run too hot. anyone who can help would be much appreciated. i know 125s arent made for bottem end power but i need more before i go back to a 250

·
Old School but still Cool
2,844 Posts
My 88 wheelies right off the bottom end. Your going to have to send the cylinder off to someone who knows how to do good port work and also the cases because the reed tunnel is messed up on those too. The older late 80s CRs aren't like that.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,844 Posts
Actually it isn't just Honda that is like that on the post-96 machines. SX and the more modern MX tracks in AMA racing demand a lot more top end friendly machines so most all of them don't have the pull the older school 125s had. My 97 RM was the same way. From low end their just isn't much there, but as soon as it starts hitting the band the thing takes off. It has more to do with hitting the bigger jumps because you are going to want more throttle so on a lot of the modern bikes the port timing is for more wide open stuff than the older bikes.

Your bike can be made to hit harder on the bottom end with some changes to it, but if you want something light and quick get a 93-96 CR125 and you won't believe the difference.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
advance your timing and bump the compression, that will help with bottom end

1 - 8 of 8 Posts