Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 8/29/08 1:30pm God invited 27 yr old Carlos Marquez to roost the clouds! This union carpenter was on his way home from work, stopped in Simi Valley for lunch with his sister. Twenty minutes later, 1 mile before his offramp his truck goes off the fwd and lands upside down in the street. He never knew what hit him & he left in peace... Left us in pieces!! I hope to dream with him and roost clouds like we did at the dunes. Riding will be really different for a long time. This guy lived life with a smile from ear to earn and always there to help. He was everyones best friend and like a little bro to us all. When it was time to hit the road for a dune trip no one would wake at 4am to ride out with me, Carlos did! Shredding untouched sand in the early hours at Glamis was very important to us. That 700r of his was his pride and joy and made sure he put it to the test.. His brother that no longer rides is coming out of retirement and rolling the 700 for him... I don't know what else to say, I can ramble for hours..
RIP Carlos, I MISS YOU MAN!!!!!!! We had unresolved Banshee vs Raptor trash talk and unfinished races.. We were supposed to hit the Sand Show, he wanted new a arms & new axle too. Save me a spot on the most comfy cloud ever, you were always good with tools... Wrench me up a cloud couch ha haa!! You're our guardian angel, keep an eye out for the crew when out in the desert!!

We're having super cool shirts made & I'm going to adopt a Glamis wash for him..
Looking into it right now and I'll post back with that painting...

[/quote]

. | . | .

·
Play Hard Get Dirty.
1,128 Posts
shit dude, i remember you sending me that picture a while back of him coming down the rocks.

The good people always go too soon...but he'll be watchin you guys from up there. A cloud couch, HA!

Keep on keepin on, yo! Just remember....life is fragile.

·
THE LOCAL 2 -SMOKE GUY
2,396 Posts
climb, im sorry about ur friend
when i lost my grandfather riding wasnt the same anymore but over time my wounds healed and it was all good again

ur wounds will heal someday but dont be so hard on ur self man .take care bro

·
Supporting Member
58 Posts
carlos was a super cool guy, i have never seen this guy in a bad mood. i dont think he knew how to be mad. cheerfull, respectfull, and hardworking guy. he left behind alot of friends,nephews, uncles,parents, brothers and sisters that loved him dearly, deffinately was taken from us to soon.
there's nothing we can do to bring him back but we will surely enjoy the memories he left behind. funeral services are set to begin tomorrow evening, so we'll be there to join carlos and give comfort & support to his family.

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for you support guys!!!

Very sad thing and everyone cried for the guy... Very hard thing to deal with.. Last few days have been better though..
Sharing good time stories between us, friends and brothers seem to bring a smile to everyones face!

Hey Sandshots, remember how he kept bugging for those black wheels for his Raptor.. I want em I want em!!!!
Two days before I sold them to him the stinking dog chewed up the Haulers??
Told Carlos to feel free and ream the dog a new one lol...
And I remember when the dog almost trashed his rc car too lol... We have a forum for that here too!!
You should pick up his trucks, take vid & post em up!!

. | . | .

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And yeah Showtime, that's my favorite pic too!! Makes a good poster!

. | . | .

·
Registered
871 Posts
man im really sorry i lost a really good friend 2 about 1 1/2 years ago he was a great man he was a police officer out on dutie on fathers day and he was goin 2 back up another officer and a car swerved infront of him and his car fliped and cought on fire.
so i know wat your goin through i feel for you we all know he is in a better place now though hes roosting with the angles now

·
Registered
569 Posts
sorry to hear about ur bro climb, sounded like a good guy... the greats always seem to go first, apparently heaven must need the great ones more than we do....... hes in a better place now though, and like trx said "dont be so hard on yourself" atleast you got some bad ass memories to fall back on.... sorry man

Reactions: Climb

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry for your loss Climb. I'm sure he's rippin the BIG DUNES now and will scout them out for Ya! Thoughts and prayers to You and His family.

Dann

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry for your loss climb I hate to here another fellow rider gone.He will definitely be riding on those clouds of Heaven with all of us!!!!!
Peace Be With Him

·
Second To None
271 Posts
And he was always around.. We were supposed to go riding that weekend and it didn't happen.
The week before he invited over to play pool at his house.. I was busy doing other things, I said we'll just hang out next week at the trails..
Next week never came for him and it's kicking me in the ass!!

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
Damn climb, sorry about your loss. Its hard to lose a friend but it's even harder to lose a friend that was a riding buddy.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
cloud couch! lol! i love it bro! thats awsome!

sorry again bro...... glad to hear he lived life man. no regrets! sounds like a realy cool dude, your lucky to have known him whil he was here on earth!

·
Registered
426 Posts
sorry to hear that bro! we will just have to tear it up even more at glamis for him!!!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
that really sucks bro. I havent had the experience to lose someone REALLY close to me yet. My grandpa died a while ago of a heartattack at a steelers game and he hated my guts, and he lived in Pittsburgh so kinda hard anyway..
ANYWAY!! Hope that me and you can shred glamis or buttercup sometime to make up for your loss! Keep on ridin though dude!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts