Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so I’m no expert on dirtbikes, I’m car guy, but I have a few dirtbikes and ride them often. I was fairly certain I blew the top end on my yz125 but now I’m hesitant to buy a rebuild kit becuase I’m not sure if that’s actually what happened. What happened was I was riding and all the sudden the bike lost all power. It felt like it slowly just lost all compression. For a while it was completely siezed and couldn’t be kicked at all. Now it can be kicked but it will not start. Does this sound like a top end or not?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i know this isnt going to be much help but you wont know untill you open her up and have a look , but my 2 cents would be a top end rebuild sounds like what happend to me a few years back the rings welded them selves to the cylinder then broke free after a few kicks and of coarse it wouldn't start , but like i said i wouldnt count my chickens untill you open it up and have a look , on the bright side tho the bottom and top end kit at rockymountinatvmc or anywhere else is pretty cheap !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts