Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 2 blasters and they're great if your a beginner. I moved onto a banshee. But what's the point of putting a ton of money into a blaster? Not trying to be a dick or anything, but why not buy like a 250r or a banshee?

·
Banned
62 Posts
Well If you know the right people and places , you really don't have to put allot of cash into a blasty to make it better than stock . A Simple Cheap and Effective Head Mod will net a Good handful of HP , couple that with the right pipe filter and jetting , and you have a way better blasty !.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Because they're cheap, easy to mod, light. Easy to double the HP, lighter weight, good HP/weight ratio. Have both and the Blastee can be a HOOT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I pretty much started out on a Blaster and have graduated back to one. I've had 2 700 Raptors, 3 660 Raptors and 3 450 dirt bikes, I still love a modded Blaster. I port and polish and do all my own cylinder and head work and with as little as a slip on, some jetting and a gear change the 04 I have now will straight kill a jetted and piped 400ex. It's just fun taking something with great potential and making it surprise a few folks. Most awesome thing you will ever see is a 4 mil Blaster that walks away from 450 quads. :Grin:

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you're putting a ton of money into anything, something can be made into just about anything you want it to be. Some people would rather have a 10k blaster than a 10k banshee. However, there are other people who have a blaster and just enough money to do a mod or 2 at a time and after a while, they look at it and say, "hmm...this is a badass machine. Why would I drop something that I built and that I know is reliable for something that likely has God knows what done to it and that's slower?"

However, if I had an incredibly fat wallet, I'd build a Can-Am Frame with a built KTM 380. I don't, so I'm stuck with what I have and my 1-2 mods every few months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts