Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the track i race at there was a guy on a Blaster that was slammed to the ground with a Snowmobile motor on it. Not sure of the size and there is a guy with a Banshee that cant no one beat, but the blaster crossed the finish line with him side by side. Has anyone else tried the snowmobile motor on a quad???

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know using a snomobile motor is fairly common on pro hillclimb bikes. They usually run a rotex engine, if that's what you are looking for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naw, i plan on getting me a Banshee frame, cut it, and put a Hayabusa motor in it. Stretch the frame and swingarm, and a wheelie bar. Hopefully it will hook up and not spin the whole track.

·
Banned
0 Posts
thats alot of cutting. want a 750 triple? i have one i've been trippin over for couple of years. it's for sale. i mean really really for sale

·
Banned
0 Posts
i have a suzuki 750 triple for sale. they called them water buffalo, or widow makers. anyway it needs a crank oil seal (thats what i was told when i got it) it also needs the carbs and the side cases. other than that it's a complete engine. i think it even has the kicker and the shifter on it also. i'm looking to get about $300 for it. plus shipping of course

·
Registered
266 Posts
there is a guy that comes into the shop i work at he has a cbr900 motor on a lt250r frame, it is turboed and running 12lbs of boost! he is going out to bonnivell in october and running to set a speed record, at that time he plans to be running 25lbs of boost. that goes to show you if you have a set of torches and a welder anything is possible!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I swear that thing must be the same as the H2 750 trip. motors. But picking up cases and carbs will be hard, because they aren't that common, but they are still none the less out there. I got 3 pics of the 750 my friends dad is building also, so when the pics come back i'll post them.

·
Banned
0 Posts
go-blow-or roll said:
there is a guy that comes into the shop i work at he has a cbr900 motor on a lt250r frame, it is turboed and running 12lbs of boost! he is going out to bonnivell in october and running to set a speed record, at that time he plans to be running 25lbs of boost. that goes to show you if you have a set of torches and a welder anything is possible!
yeah a torch, welder, big balls, and no common sense. hey i like insanely fast quads but thats quite a bit overboard

·
Registered
266 Posts
yeah a torch, welder, big balls, and no common sense. hey i like insanely fast quads but thats quite a bit overboard.

Yeah it gets better lol, i asked him what he was looking to get out of it for a top speed. he said that his calculations showed just a hair over 150mph!!!! but from what he said there was no speed record set for piston power so, what he runs will be a new record if i understand it right.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 750 trip motors will run 180 if they are running right and that's only with a 3 speed tranny. That CBR motor should put out around 200 horsepower if run on alcohol, and modified. Pro climbers only run 1000's sleeved down to 800's and they get 200 horsepower out of them. He shoudl be able to beef that up more if he wants fairly easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts