Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of blasters that I did a TORS removal on. On one, I has to disconnect the box that the electrical went to from the TORS and then is started running fine. The other, I did the same, but it’ll start up and seems fine, until you hold the throttle mid to high open for a few seconds, then it just revs up an won’t idle down. Even the kill switch doesn’t kill it (I end up plugging the exhaust to shut it off). Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a classic symptom of an air leak. Most common area being around the intake. Did you remove the intake at all? If not, the most commonly missed area for a leak is the carb cap. If not sealed properly, you'll get those exact symptoms. I would do a leak down test on it, but that'll only give you information on the remainder of the engine and not the carb. It will definitely rule out the intake and all other areas, but if that checks out it will probably be your carb cap. Give it a shot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a classic symptom of an air leak. Most common area being around the intake. Did you remove the intake at all? If not, the most commonly missed area for a leak is the carb cap. If not sealed properly, you'll get those exact symptoms. I would do a leak down test on it, but that'll only give you information on the remainder of the engine and not the carb. It will definitely rule out the intake and all other areas, but if that checks out it will probably be your carb cap. Give it a shot!
I will try it out. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts