Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blaster that just blew up...it has a niche jug on it aka chinese junk. I bought a wiseco top end kit with piston rings, gaskets, ect. The cylinder is straight with slight scratches. Since I bought a quality top end kit I dont want to put it in a Chinese jug. I want just a stock oem Yamaha jug but cant find them that are the true oem Yamaha stuff without damage. Any help on finding a stock bore 66mm Yamaha jug that I can put on my blaster? I can buy the jug from about anywhere and would consider people on here if they have one. I have heard in the blaster jugs there is a coating in there to help the bore last a long time so I want something that will last.

· Super Moderator
109 Posts
Engines don't "just blow up". They endure a long slow agonizing death because their owners know nothing about carb jetting, engine oil selection, and how to select the correct fuel/oil ratio. dragonfly75.com/moto/carbtuning.html

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought the quad a day beofre it blew up. The skirt on the piston shattered on one side ebcause its cheap chinese metal. If i hone the niche jug would I still be able to use wiseco top end in it? I know I can use it but is it the smart play?

· 1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,621 Posts
Pictures help! Is the niche jug nikasil coated? your biggest issue is piston to cylinder wall clearence if you bought the same "size" as the piston it came out of it. usually you will be okay but you should still check the clearence because a few thousandths clearence makes a big difference.

· HillClimb/DirtDrag Champ
5,485 Posts
Need to check the bore thoroughly with a bore gauge and make sure it isn't out of round or wore down too far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts