Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tool & die maker who has access to a machine shop and injection molding machines. I had the idea today to make a case saver that's injection molded out of fiberglass filled nylon. It would be pretty cheap and could be molded in any color but its much easier to use black or only make a few colors. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully I.can make it where it will bolt on with no mods but ill have to look at my blaster when I get a chance. I'm mainly interested if this is worth producing. The quality and durability would be excellent. If people are interested let me know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess no one is interested here. Got A ton of feedback on blaster forum. I will be producing this in the near future so keep it in mind.

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
All the blaster guys here are also on Blaster forum sir :Smoke:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i figured.when the word gets out itll b easier.I was the one that wrecked at busco like the first day we were there i think two years ago. I have the orange and black blaster if you remember. i Was with mert

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
Hal ?

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
I'll take one. You can even sell on craigs list and ebay all day long.

. | . | .

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
producing some pics would help...fyi im not on BF (jus sayin)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I'll take one, but I'm not paying for it. Hurry up and get on designing this shit, my case isn't going to save itself.

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
I'll take one, but I'm not paying for it. Hurry up and get on designing this shit, my case isn't going to save itself.
well Mert. maybe when Hal gets these things done, yall could come back to Busco in Sept and sell enough of them to pay for the trip.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Yeah, I heard there were a whole bunch of blasters at the second trip.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Just talked to Hal, he ordered some material to make a prototype out of, said he'll have that finished some time next week

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just talked to Hal, he ordered some material to make a prototype out of, said he'll have that finished some time next week
The Hal u say!

·
Registered
5 Posts
ya know, i happen to have a blaster, and solidworks 2008... if you want, i can do a little modeling on it and come up with models suitable for cnc cut paths... plus, you could kick out a rapid prototype on a 3d printer and see how it fits. :Cheers:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here how my case saver is going to work. Maybe you can figure it out from the pics. Im using completely different mounting holes from previous designs. Still a work in progress. I almost have it fitting all the way on the case half with the blue on it. Still need to clear some material to make it fit. Then i can bolt that piece down then machine the shape of the sprocket and chain path in the back side of this plastic.
This design will not alter the fit of the stator cover. You will remove original chain guide for this to fit with a dremel or something. Lemme know watcha think. O yeah there is still alot of material on the outside diameter and other places dont worry ill chop it down need a place to hold it for machining

1 - 20 of 28 Posts