Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my 01 blaster is having some carb issues. When i go trail riding, or off jumps, or any bumpy terrain, my carb seems to flood or something. Gas pours out the one hole (i think one the overflows i attached a picture to show which one [not a pic of mine found it on the internet]) and the quad bogs out when i hit the gas. To keep it running i hold the throttle or else it'll stall out. To stop the gas from pouring out i turn off the gas. Then it'll run okay until i turn the gas back on. Sometimes it'll do the same thing and gas will come out and it will bog out. Other times it will run fine. Sometimes it will bog so much that it stalls and you cant start it for at least an hour. The one time this happened, I let it cool down for a while with the gas off for about an hour or two later and it ran fine again. Recently, yesterday i was taking it off jumps and it started doing this again. So i tried to keep it running and did what i normally do. But even after I let it sit for a couple of hours it would bog out a lot and not run to its best. I do not know much about these carbs and don't know what the problem is. Help would be very appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like trash in the float bowl ,migrating to the needle & seat and not allowing the float to shut off the fuel. Clean out the gas tank and clean the carb..hope I helped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump... other possible problems please

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm with Tim. I had the same problem on an 03 blaster. Took it apart, cleaned it thoroughly, slaped it back on and with some small tuning it ran perfect!!! I threw in a new plug and cleaned the air filter, couple shots with the grease gun and I was golden for the whole summer! Obviously it's a carb problem so clean it and be done with it! If you really wanted to do it the right way, by a carb rebuild kit, I think its something stupid like 10 or 15 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts