Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...here's my deal...

I just put together my 94' blaster that has been sitting in pieces for the last 2 or 3 years. I have it running now but it will bog down in gears 3 and up. I cleaned out the carb and everything else. There is oil leaking from somewhere, I haven't figured out where yet. It still needs some odds and ends adjusted on it but I don't understand why this thing is bogging. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
The Amalgamut
2,111 Posts
What mods have been done to the bike?
Stock carb? If so, do you know the jet sizes?
Is your oil injector still hooked up? Where does the oil appear from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an FMF gold series pipe and silencer on it. The injector is still hooked up. I do still have the stock carb but I have no clue what the jet sizes are. The oil is coming from the bottom of the engine. I think I need to seal the gaskets better.

·
The Amalgamut
2,111 Posts
Coming from the bottom of the jug?........ Was it ever re-jetted for the pipe?.....Do yourself a favor and get the injector block off kit......

·
Registered
745 Posts
IF you have oil leaking where the cases meet do not run it any longer until you reseal your cases. If you do you will have a air leak and your motor will run lean witch will cause it to burn a hole in top of your pistion. What did you seal your cases with? Use only yamabond or maybe the honda equvilant. do not use RTV or any crap like that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is a huge theory, but maybe it helps... That or I've been reading waay too much into engine building... If you had a full exhaust, bad rings, lean jetting and a stock intake system, the lack of power made on the power/exhaust stroke at a higher engine load (I.E. full throttle acceleration from third gear on up in the low RPM range) from lean air/fuel ratio and blow-by because of bad rings would reduce the needed scavenging effect to suck out all the exhaust gases, which means that the intake system that is already undersized because of the exhaust system now has little scavenging effect help, and there is less air/fuel mixture going into the engine. This would result in a power loss until the load is decreased or one of the noted problem areas recieves attention.

Could be wrong, but hey, maybe it'll help. Heck, not a bad theory at least, especially for me in all my stupidness... lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok...here's my deal...

I just put together my 94' blaster that has been sitting in pieces for the last 2 or 3 years. I have it running now but it will bog down in gears 3 and up. I cleaned out the carb and everything else. There is oil leaking from somewhere, I haven't figured out where yet. It still needs some odds and ends adjusted on it but I don't understand why this thing is bogging. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
I just bought a 94 blaster that is having the same problems as mine lol I might have your blaster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts