Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello , I have a problem that I can't figure out and was wondering if anyone could help me out that might have more experience then me since working on these engines are kind of new to me and my son ..
Me and my 11 year old son recently did a top end rebuild on his 01 Yamaha 200 blaster and when we put it all back together we went to put it in gear and it jumped forward even with the clutch pushed in .what would cause this ? We tried adjusting the cables but it had had no improvement ....oil level is perfect and we don't have a clutch issue before the rebuild so I am sure it's something dumb.. any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you ...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Presume you didn't have clutch apart for top end?
If not, did you change trans oil at same time? If s, what oil did you use?
While the engine is warming up work the clutch lever multiple times, the plates are probably just sticking.

·
Premium Member
6,689 Posts
mine does that too until it warms up, i have a centrifugal weights on my pressure plate that squeezes the pack tighter and i have stiffer springs but it breaks free after a minute or less i just make sure i start the bike in neutral for the first start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.