Everything2Stroke Forum banner

Big Bore Kit

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  JBSracing 
#1 ·
Where can i get the 610 Big Bore kit for the KX 500. I have seen them on the internet before, just curious to who sells them???????

#6 ·
:evil2: I have a 2mm overbore from Eric Gorr!This bike is so terribly fast,but i like the bottom end torque it has.Talking about hanging on...I love my Big Green monster!!!

As far as a 610 kit why so much of an over bore?

#11 · (Edited)
KX 500 based 635cc 650cc and 665cc

This thread is a little old now but I found it the other day so I joined the site to make this post.

I have been developing big bore kits for the KX 500 for about a year now. I am now testing a big-bore kit using a 97mm piston with a standard 86mm stroke which gives 635cc, I have already tryied a stock piston with an 88mm stroke which I get using a 27mm pin and big-end and offset boring a stock crank. The next step is the 97mm piston and the 88mm stroke which will give me 650cc after that I am looking at a billet crank with a 90mm stroke giving 665cc.

To use the piston you need to bore out your stock barrel and install a Moly-Iron liner, also a small amout of case machining is needed to take the larger skirt diamiter that this gives.

If any one is interested mail me ben.ballard@jbsracing.co.uk and I will give you full details.

Also available is a big-bore kit that I have developed to take the Husaberg 65o to 750cc.

Ben
JBSracing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.