Everything2Stroke Forum banner

Be careful!!!

6K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  flotek 
#1 ·
I dont want to go in much detail about the whole incident, b/c it would take about an hour and a half to write it all down not inluding pics.

But a few months ago I placed a wanted ad for an LT500 bottom end. I had a response by blaster22.

We talked for a little while through text messages. Asking about things I was looking for and needing to know if any major repairs done. He also sent me pics of the motor. I was happy with what I saw and the responses of "No broken mounts or cracks" or "clean up port job" or "new sleeve".

So I decided to go through with the transaction.

Lets just say the pics of the motor didnt do it justice.

When I got it the UPS guy rolls it in on the two wheeler, places it on the ground and I can here shit moving around. Box is fucked, rips everywhere. I open it up, to see an oil coverd plastic walmart tote. With the 500 motor just "dropped in". No bracing, packing peanut, bubble wrap. NOTHING. You would think when you sell something, you would ship it like you were sending it to yourself. "How would I want to see this packaged?"

Fuck it. You know what, as a write this I get more pissed off on how he thought it was "ok" to do this to someone.

The main thing I was pissed about is when asked if there was anything broken or cracked he replied with the picture and saying "Nothing, looks good."

This is what I got.

See less See more
#3 ·

Know how would you feel if you paid for a "good" motor and it showed up like this?

This whole issue has been resolved AFTER a dispute through PayPal. I got my full refund and he got his shitty, broken, fucked up motor back.

We bitched back and forth through text messages and then through PayPal, and him stating what his ebay score was for about two months.

It only took PayPal to email me on a friday to let me know they were reviewing it, then to email me first thing monday to let me know it was granted in my favor.

Two days!!!!!!! Business working days!!!!!

You would think we could have gotten it straightened out alot sooner.

This is just to let anyone know that if you ever deal with blaster22 or Jermain Phillips from Hubbard, Ohio

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 ·
The main thing I was pissed about is when asked if there was anything broken or cracked he replied with the picture and saying "Nothing, looks good."
nothing looks good.
seems like this quote was accurate..shitty deal man..sorry to hear that.

:thumbsdown:

#9 ·
Whomever shipped and sold you that motor should be taken out back behind the tool shed and beat half to death.. That guy should have been embarrassed when he was packing up that motor.. What the F&ck was he thinking? must be some kid with no pride in anything he owns or does!

#13 ·
No man you have a responsibility to the site and your fellow atv'ers to warn them of shit like this.Thats is absolutely bullshit.... what did he pry the fricking head of with a screwdriver? Im pissed right now just reading this shit....

#15 ·
X2 on that John^^^^^^ I mean, all of us in the ATV community should be looking out for one another. I don't like to see anyone do businesss like that. Com'on guys, if you're gonna sell something. Please describe it right, and take the courtesy to box it up right.

Sorry to that happened to you bro, especially since it was sold on E2S!!

#19 ·
Thanks for looking out for us. Some guys don't realize that you can't just throw an engine in a cardboard box and drop it off at ups and hope for the best. When I was selling on Ebay alot I would build a crate for the engines I sold because ups is kinda rough on packages. Glad to see that paypal refunded your money back.

#20 ·
The sad thing is that the engine has enough damage to turn that into a coffee table conversation piece. I mean to say you needed that engine more than a refund and time lost trying to get to point B in your project.

#22 ·
its sad but a good reminder ..i see people toss parts in a box with no packing all the time and send them to me ,sometimes the bottom of the cylinder sleeves are blatantly sticking right out of the cardboard box and often they are broken off in pieces or cracked from rattling around.ive had people send me ultra rare 1000 dollar aftermarket cylinders that arrived here completely ruined from bouncing around with no packing inside .just some balled up newspapers or plastic bags can go along way and they are free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.