Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 96 Banshee and on July 3rd we put new pistons in it and went through the whole splitting the cases and cleaning everything process. It runs like a champ once its started. But getting it started is where Im having trouble. Pull the choke out all the way, gas on kick it nothing. New top end should start in first few kicks right? Kick, and kic, and kick and nothing. Might start and die real quick, and not enough time to keep rev it to keep it going. Kick it some more and it wont start. Take seat off and give it a start of starting fluid and it starts right up. Leave it set for a few hours and it will start right up. But cold start forget it it need starting fluid. Anybody have a clue of whats going on?? Help would be much appreciated! :)

·
Old School but still Cool
2,842 Posts
Check the float bowls. Another member had the same problem and his float bowls were switched making cold starts literally impossible. The wrong bowl won't feed the choke circuit so it won't get the fuel it needs to start. I have done that myself.

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
Check the float bowls. Another member had the same problem and his float bowls were switched making cold starts literally impossible. The wrong bowl won't feed the choke circuit so it won't get the fuel it needs to start. I have done that myself.
very good advise right there. the float bowls can easily be switched. allthough they look the same, they are deffinatly different.
try what Slider said and let us know what you find.
im assuming that this was not an issue before the rebuild?

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
after the rebuild did you do a compression test? did you replace the choke interconnect tube that runs between the carbs?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay ill check that because a day before we tore it all down we cleaned out the carbs real good. but i did read that in another tread.

as for it doing that before it wouldnt even start with starting fluid. lets say the last hours before rebuild it was ran hard. 11 thousandths of clearance between piston and cylinder!! can you say blowby? LOL.

and no compression test after rebuild but i can do one quick if needed.

no replacement interconnect tube

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
you need the interconnect tube in between the carbs!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can you show me what it looks like? lol. sorry! i probably will know it if i can see but i cant picture it in my mind

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
first off thanks guys for helping me. we switched the float bowls and shee starts up within 3 kicks! thanks much!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Good deal. Glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they sure were!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ran across this thread how do you know if the are switched. Have a 04 banshee guy said he jetted the carbs. It is very hard to cold start.

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
the bowl on the carb with the choke has a metering jet that the choke pick up tube goes in the other bowl does not have the jet and is not milled to allow fuel to flow in the recess for the tube, are you running stock carbs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts