Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help please I have a banshee that I just built from the ground up its a 4mil stroker 421 serval cub with pod filters t4 pipes cool head 24cc domes stock carbs strait cut Henson clutch basket vf3 reeds and lots of powder coat work but it will only run on both cylinders for the first 1/4 throttle then it will not rev and runs on the right cylinder only and acts a little like its chocked any help would be apriciated I need to get this thing to run right it has been almost a year scents it has please help thanks

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
A few things to check - is the crossover tube between the carbs in place? Are the carb slides mixed up? The cut out on the slide should face the air filter. Are you getting a good spark that is not weak? Reeds in good shape with no cracks or broken petals?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I recently had a friend go through the same issue and he had 1 carb on backwards.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I would have thought so to to but he managed to do it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Not saying that's what the problem is but Ricky stators are known to fail. If you have access to an oem one to switch out and test with I would try that.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ricky Stator = junk

Tried one of their flywheels in a tecate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I need other ideas because I tried 3 different staters and the same result so any help would apriciated I have done literally everything I can think of to this bike to make it run right accept replace the entire carb setup witch is my next step probably when I get some cash but Intel then throw me some ideas please

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
What size jets do you have in the carbs? Have you checked the spark plug caps?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts