Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! I have a banshee , running on twin carbs , 260 mains and 180 pilots , have t5 pipes and run standard airbox with k&n filter on , been reading arround and most people say to stay away from k&n and standard airbox is no good? Im looking for a bit better performance so wondering what your opinions are , would you keep the airbox and change to foam filter or put pods on? I only ride tarmac , mainly dry sometimes when its abit wet , cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts
The K&N with the airbox is pretty good. Its not going to give the best performance but it is pretty protective. If you want to squeeze a little more performance out of it you can run pod filters which eliminate the airbox but at the expense of protection. With the pods I would stay away from water, mud, and dirt. Get Outerwear pre filters with it too. Most sand and pavement dragsters run them because they are good at keeping sand particles and larger debris out. I run a UNI filter on the stock airbox and me and the previous owner both have never had any problems with any debris getting in the engine and this is 20 years old.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
Did you try taking the air box lid off?

When I was in Glamis, they would run without an airbox with the outerwears, of course because of the fine sand.

But if you are riding (in the previous post) in wet or mud environments you should definitely run an air box because you have a good possibility of hydro locking your motor if you ride thru a good puddle or lake.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can also either take the lid off or if you want even more protection you can buy these UNI 3/4" and 1" hole filters and drill holes in your airbox and fit those in the holes or leave them alone.

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
That's an Idea that I forgot about..

Correct, they come as a package.. 4 or 6 cylindrical filter assy units, in which you drill into the air box lid and easily push, snap them in.

More airflow without losing the air box for protection!

Good call "sheerider93"

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
I had a set that I never did use and gave them to a friend for his Honda 350x because at that time I converted my 88 LT250 to drag racing where I took the air box out and ran a K&N filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts