Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a Single carb on my Banshee, its the Graydon 2:1 kit with 35mm keihin carb. I was wondering if anyone else is running the single carb setup and what size jets you are using for your Main and Pilot jets? I just completed rebuilding the Motor and im running really rich. I just started using this setup and the jetting is way off. My mods are Ported Cylinders bored .030 over, T-5 pipes,V Force 3 Reeds with Spacers,Graydon 2:1 Intake with 35 mm Keihin PWK Carb, k/n filter with outerwear no lid no box. Id appreciate any info, Im going to grab some jets tomorrow and would like to have an idea of what other people are running in there single carb setup"s.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I am running a Single carb on my Banshee, its the Graydon 2:1 kit with 35mm keihin carb. I was wondering if anyone else is running the single carb setup and what size jets you are using for your Main and Pilot jets? I just completed rebuilding the Motor and im running really rich. I just started using this setup and the jetting is way off. My mods are Ported Cylinders bored .030 over, T-5 pipes,V Force 3 Reeds with Spacers,Graydon 2:1 Intake with 35 mm Keihin PWK Carb, k/n filter with outerwear no lid no box. Id appreciate any info, Im going to grab some jets tomorrow and would like to have an idea of what other people are running in there single carb setup"s.
Where is the jetting setup at now? What kind of porting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked today and it had 205 Main and 28 pilot, Both are way off from what i have been told. I was thinking my pilot should be in the upper 40"s to 50"s and my main is way to rich. I was thinking it should be in the 165 to 185 range? It does bog if i hit the gas quick and I do have the air screw only 1/4 turn out so i know i need to go up on the pilot and from 3/4 to full its running really rich and my plugs are black and wet. Im still in the break in process on the fresh topend so i really need to get my jetting right first. i dont want to hurt anything after all the time and $$ i just put into it. Im not exactly sure what the specifics are on the Porting, I bought the banshee with the Porting already done to it. The intake, Transfers and Exhaust ports have all been Cleaned out and Ported. The guy I sent my Cylinders out to have them Bored said whoever Ported it did a good clean job but didnt know the specifications of the porting. Meaning drag, Dune,trail Porting etc..

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
i had one but my carb was mukini so im not much help sorry

·
THE LOCAL 2 -SMOKE GUY
2,396 Posts
l like my 2 into 1 setup,had no problem beating a herr jugs banshee with dune port and dual 33pwks
not to sure on jets ,but did a plug chop and plugs looks great ,ill pull carb and check tomorrow

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I would put a 38mm on it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea Ive been keeping my eyes out for a bigger carb, my TRX250R has a 39mm AirStryker and it made a huge difference. Im half tempted to swap Carb's but i hate to rob my 250R. Just got back from the Shop and they dont have any Jets in stock! What kinda BS is that, all the bike shops within a 200 mile radius of south jersey have gone Bankrupt so now all we have is these little gokart/minibike shops! I gotta travel 2 Hrs just to get to a dealer that carries Jetts in stock! A buddy of mine has a Bunch of Jets layin around so im gonna check with him later today. Im gonna do a Plug chop from 205 and work my way down like TRX was saying. Thanks for the feedback i appreciate it.

·
THE LOCAL 2 -SMOKE GUY
2,396 Posts
my banshee pulls just fine on the topend with a 35mm
my banshee has a aggresive duneport from dan hull ,stock ported cages and reeds ,35mmpwk ,jetted perfect,20cc domes and t5 pipes and i was beating a banshee that had a HJR aggresive duneport on 19cc domes and 33pwks with shearers pipes and i had a whole bike length on it I will say the OG jockey wasnt on it but it had like 3 different jockeys on it with weight ranges from 180 pounds to 250 pounds
the only other banshee i got beat by that i raced against had old skool trinty port work(best trinty port work) and was running daul 35 pwks and trinty pipes to match

·
THE LOCAL 2 -SMOKE GUY
2,396 Posts
theres a reason why 35pwk is the biggest u can go on those 2 into 1's anything bigger then ur loosing HP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
theres a reason why 35pwk is the biggest u can go on those 2 into 1's anything bigger then ur loosing HP
I guess that explains why everyone i know with the 2 into 1"s are running a 35 pwk. TRX our motors and setups are very similiar, im curious what size jets your running and what altitude. Next time your wrenching on the Shee if you could check id appreciate it. Do you have the Trinity or Graydon 2 into 1 setup?

·
THE LOCAL 2 -SMOKE GUY
2,396 Posts
i have the trinity setup
altitude from sea level to 800 feet
most likely today ill pull the carb and check it out

·
Registered
703 Posts
Ditto on that. The 34/35s are fine on the low end but you lose on the top end. A 38 solves that problem entirely.
Does anyone know where you can find a bigger boot to install a larger carb? The pattern is a bit wider then the standard banshee boot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Like stated above a 35 on a single carb set up is about as big as you can go without losing. I run a single 35 PWK and a 185 Main with similar mods. Dont remember pilot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts