Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is this, my buddy has the 1986 atc 250r, broke the chain, which slapped the left case (no case saver against my advice) and now needs a left side engine case. As you guys know already they are not cheap. So while looking on ebay we noticed that the cr250r motor of the same year looks pretty damn close to the same. Now I know that the atc has a counterbalancer in it, but is that the only difference? The next thing is are the mounts the same? the engines we looked at (pics only) looked like the same mounts. We are just hoping to save some bucks here. The cost of the cr motor is lower than just the left case for the atc. See the dilema. BTW love the site.

jim:confused6

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
but the cr motor could be shot to on fee pay site... cr has more power but vibration is a issue ,, we had a cr 500r in a trike it wasnt bad put it in a 250 x frame it about leaps off yhe ground shakes lika a dog s,,tting razor blades... the motor needs to sit at the same angle as that it was in the bike.. you will need to mod the trike...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My question is this, my buddy has the 1986 atc 250r, broke the chain, which slapped the left case (no case saver against my advice) and now needs a left side engine case. As you guys know already they are not cheap. So while looking on ebay we noticed that the cr250r motor of the same year looks pretty damn close to the same. Now I know that the atc has a counterbalancer in it, but is that the only difference? The next thing is are the mounts the same? the engines we looked at (pics only) looked like the same mounts. We are just hoping to save some bucks here. The cost of the cr motor is lower than just the left case for the atc. See the dilema. BTW love the site.

jim:confused6
I have the opposite: 1983 ATC250R motor in a CR250 frame. Nothing noticeable to me, just bought it this way. ATC 250R motor is worth more than the CR, due to the balancer?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts