Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal with these a-arms? I've heard *** and bigkahun talk about them briefly a few times in a bad way. They came on my banshee and I just wanted to know what the story was so I know what to watch out for with them.

·
Banned
733 Posts
PA_Banshee said:
What's the deal with these a-arms? I've heard *** and bigkahun talk about them briefly a few times in a bad way. They came on my banshee and I just wanted to know what the story was so I know what to watch out for with them.
if you plan on doing any trail riding at all, be carefull. the bolts on the heim joints strip of easy while riding. also while yout riding in the trails you have to fight with them to get to where you want to go. they are more of a hassle than they are worth. then again it might just be the set that i got.. who knows. but these ASR a-arms are responsible for my broken collar bone. plus shipping on the damn things took over 2 months and that was getting them shipped to my local dealer. my local dealership called them every other day asking about them and their response was always "we forgot to send them out today, we'll get to it tomorrow." then a week after my broken collar bone *** was out riding it in some trails and was on a straightaway and the right lower arm just fell apart at the heim joint.

i wouldn't recomend these to anyone!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
Wow I was looking at those on ebay awhile back. Glad I went with TBR instead. They look like a good deal with the lifetime warranty but I guess not if they are going to be in the warranty process more than the riding process. If you guys plan on getting new arms you should talk to Scott at SoceRacing he makes A-Arms

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 2nd ride I took on them the lower left heim joint's allen bolt fell out. That sucked when it happened on rocks at around 50 mph. Luckily I somehow found the allenbolt about 30ft back from where I eventually stopped. It wasn't broken or stripped. It just came that loose! The funny thing was that after I got home from that ride the thing was loose again. I just put some blue locktite on it and it's never been loose since.

I totally forgot about that incident with them. I will have to remove them all and put locktite on them. Isn't locktite wonderful!!!

My friend just bought a set of them and put a big dent in the one on his first ride. They said it should be 2 weeks for the warranty one to come in. It's about 2 weeks so hopefully it comes in this week, but from what you've said we won't be holding our breath.

·
Banned
733 Posts
yeah i need to go out and put some loctite on these too.. i'm thinking red loctite that way if they do come off then something has to be really messed up for that to happen..

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, yeah tell me about it. I debated putting red on. That bolt seems solid yet so I think I'll leave it as is with the blue on it, but I still should probably take the other 3 out and coat them up.

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah, I also made a guard for these arms

If anybody has them or is gettin them let me know and I'll try to hook you up with a set. I kept the template we made so I could make extras in case I smack the hell out of these.

·
Banned
0 Posts
PA you have the more expensive fully adjustable set so your mihgt not bad as bad. beibng that you can adjust yours. Big K had the cheaper ones and damn were they cheap. oh yeah 1st ride on em all the powdercoat starting flaking. they are just big pieces of shit. then again at least they wil botl on the bike unlike mine.

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The powdercoating is already coming off of mine only after a few rides. That's why I made those guards.

·
Banned
0 Posts
powder coat is supposed to be tough. maybe it's not even powder coat. i'd say ebay those and get your self soem nice ass arms like lobo's or lonestars

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I'll see what these are like for now. Heck I haven't even gone through a riding season with them yet. I'm trying to buy my first house right now so I'm temporarily on a halt with buying anything major for the banshee right now. If I buy anything right now it's probably going to be an aftermarket radiator. That's why I started that other thread. If I get new a-arms then I'll probably get the front shocks redone at the same time and get them adjusted a lil better for me.

I just don't want to get anything wider than I already have. The long travel a-arms look awesome, but the outspacing of those ITP T-9's puts those puppies at around a 50" stance front and back. That alone is hard enough to maneuver around the woods half the time. Yeah sure I could get new wheels, but come on those wheels are awesome.

I might take them off, rub that crap off (cuz it can't be powercoat) and run them down to East Coast ATV to get powdercoated soon.

·
Banned
733 Posts
the powder coating on these are nonexsistant. it flakes off when the wind blows.. thats good to hear maybe they are changing thier ways about the 2 month shipping process. o'well i know i'll never buy another set of them..

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha, I found this thread from a friggen year ago and I figured I'd update on what's gone on in a year with these a-arms.

I've never had the allen bolt come loose again. The locktite is doing its job like it always does. However, my suspension needed to be rebuilt and revalved for my fatass because I bottomed it out regularly. This bottoming caused the lower a-arms to slowly bend upwards. I sent them in for warranty replacement and received new ones 2 weeks after I sent them out. Not too shabby if you ask me. Hopefully I'll get alot of riding in this year so I can have a better review for them now that the suspension is redone.

Would I buy these ones after knowing what I now know? Sure... mainly because nobody is going to warranty their a-arms as good as they do. Especially for the money...

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha, nope... I'm just bored and moving some old threads into the new categories... that's REALLY BORED!!!!

I found the thread where you picked up the black and red banshee. I moved it into the banshee category.

·
Banned
0 Posts
really???? back when it had the T5's still and the stock bars.. hell it used to have front fenders too..... hahaha

now the fenders are gone.. got a set of renthal bars and i hate to say it but it't got a set of FMF pipes on it yuck..... i miss those tomeys... alot a whole lot..... well i got dynoports in the shop but they are goign on my 98.. guess i gotta keep and eye out for some t5's for the 03 or maybe soemthing else.. like CPI's or soemthing..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts