Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is from the upstate NY area or if you have ever been in this area riding??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've rode it

My friend lives in Schenectady and I used to go ride up there

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not sure exactly where schenectady is but saratoga springs is about 2 or 3 hours away. if you go north on the northway to warrensburg exit I am about 2 hours north west of there. Star Lake Its a small town 15 miles closer to you from me is Cranberry Lake and then 30 miles from there is Tupper Lake (thats a little bigger) Then Long Lake and then Blue Mt. Lake as I get closer to you... I have a couple friends that live in saratoga they work at quad graphics..

You should come up this way riding. We have 2 decent sets of dunes that we ride at, a lot of long back roads (some paved some dirt) and the hardest rockiest, muddiest trails around (if thats your thing).

free lodgeing on my couch...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am from the Southern Tier of NY in a podunck town in Steuben County about 45 minutes West of Elmira or an hour South of Rochester.
I normally ride on my Grandfathers or friends of friends land. Mostly woods/fields riding, a few dirt roads on the area are pretty fun just have to be aware of any officers in the area :p Also some good shallow streams to cruise up and down, we have a lot of trails in the area, just a matter of getting permission from the owner to use them.
Unofrtuantely the only good place to wind out high performance machines is on the dirt/seasonal roads.

·
Registered
296 Posts
nickxc said:
Im not sure exactly where schenectady is but saratoga springs is about 2 or 3 hours away. if you go north on the northway to warrensburg exit I am about 2 hours north west of there. Star Lake Its a small town 15 miles closer to you from me is Cranberry Lake and then 30 miles from there is Tupper Lake (thats a little bigger) Then Long Lake and then Blue Mt. Lake as I get closer to you... I have a couple friends that live in saratoga they work at quad graphics..

You should come up this way riding. We have 2 decent sets of dunes that we ride at, a lot of long back roads (some paved some dirt) and the hardest rockiest, muddiest trails around (if thats your thing).

free lodgeing on my couch...
So you live near Addison? My wife's parents live right near Cranberry Lake/Oversized Pond :D I live about 30 to 45 minutes form you I think!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, Im not sure where addison is, star lake is often called star pond cause its so small but Cranberry Lake is the biggest man made lake in the adirondacks..
Where do you live near???? other than addison, like maybe watertown, gouverneur,russell, degrasse, childwold, harrisville, croghan, Lowville, potsdam, Canton, Ogdensburg, pierrpont, Hermon, Dekalb, parrishville, Hopkington, any of these close to you?????

Im trying to think of all the little towns around here. St Lawrence county is full of little shit towns

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your wifes parrents, Whats their name. do they live in Windfall or Wanakena. Both of them are right near cranberry lake...

Im in all these towns on a daily basis. I ate dinner at the windfall house last night.

·
Registered
296 Posts
nickxc said:
cool, Im not sure where addison is, star lake is often called star pond cause its so small but Cranberry Lake is the biggest man made lake in the adirondacks..
Where do you live near???? other than addison, like maybe watertown, gouverneur,russell, degrasse, childwold, harrisville, croghan, Lowville, potsdam, Canton, Ogdensburg, pierrpont, Hermon, Dekalb, parrishville, Hopkington, any of these close to you?????

Im trying to think of all the little towns around here. St Lawrence county is full of little shit towns

I think there must be two lakes here in NY called Cranberry Lake, this lake is near Addison, about 20 minutes from Elmira (biggest town in the area). Cranberry Lake here is right next to another lake called Good Hue, these 2 lakes are located in Chemung County. My wife's parents last name is Puffer (yes that is really their name :D ). That is really odd that there are 2 lakes with the same name, the Cranberry Lake here is really small and is a natural lake, shaped by man due to flood problems. One of the biggest lakes in this area is Kueka, about 20 minutes from where I live near a small town called Bath, in Steuben County. So you said upstate you really meant upstate :p , I live in the South Western/Central section, about 5 hours from Watertown :( ! About 2 hours South of Buffalo, an hour South of Rochester, and an hour West of Elmira. When you said the lake was in the Adirondecks and man made, I realized we are talking about 2 different places with the same name :confused: , Five hours still isn't that far though, it is cool to see someone else form NY on here!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup now Im clear. definately two different lakes. I thought you must have been used to HUGE lakes if you thought cranberry was small.lol ya I am 66 miles east of watertown on rt 3. Thats cool though we still arnt that far apart....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its a nice place to live. its too bad there arn't any jobs at all. I have to drive 45 min to work but thats the way it is, everyone has to drive unless they work at the hospital (smallest in NY state) or the school (just over 300 students in preK through 12 grade, and that includes the towns of Fine, Star Lake, Oswegatchie,Newton Falls, Windfall, Wanakena, Cranberry Lake, and all houses in between) However I can ride my shee all over town on any streets (accept the main road RT3 unless you stay off the black top and on the trails to the side) and it is very peaceful, as long as we are curtious the state troopers will just drive by us... I like it. and the drive to work is all main road and its all good driveing, no stop and go crap...

·
Registered
5 Posts
My friend lives in Schenectady, I live in Florida. I havn't been up that way fer quite sometime now. Schenectady is the outskirt farm area of Albany, Near Guilderland, Princetown, and Duanseburg. I'm all fer muddin, I got an 01 banshee with 23" mud tires and a grizzly (its decent fer a 4 stroke, but its good in mud) on 30's. Maybe I might be back up that way this fall or next summer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
yeh im in whitney point just north of bingamton, bout 1 hour south of syracuse right off 81 theres trails all over here because the DEC's snowmobile trails intersect here 3 of em i think. you can get to pa. to the south syracuse to the north out towards elmira to the west (not sure how far havent driven that trail) not sure how far east, but my son knows em all. running on empty's no problem on a shee.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we have nice trails around here but you have to get out of town cause im right inside the "adirondack park" and it sucks no quads are allowed on state land. so we ride all the roads and when we get out of town we hit the state land. we have some nice dunes and sand riding and a HUGE abandoned iron ore mine that is fun to ride. lots of dirt roads that are all straight and wide leading to the dunes and other towns with lots of bars... I love it..

·
Registered
84 Posts
have a house there

I have a house about 45 minutes north of Watertown NY. Im up there in the summer with my quad or dirtbike a few times a year. Its Hammond, NY right on the St. Laurence River. where are you located. I drove through boonville there seems to be LOTS of trails in that area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live in upstate, more north of Syracuse. We ride in the tug hill area. We meet in Barnes corners and ther are miles of open trails. July 19th theres a poker run that at least 12 of us are going to. I here as many as 200 show up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ill be with my CR500 street tard over 4th of july in hammond ny (near watertown NY)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a house about 45 minutes north of Watertown NY. Im up there in the summer with my quad or dirtbike a few times a year. Its Hammond, NY right on the St. Laurence River. where are you located. I drove through boonville there seems to be LOTS of trails in that area.
yo im stayin up in clayton with my cousin i should be bringin my '86 LT250r:Grin: or my 4-poke 2004 wolverine 4x4. suck it canada

1 - 20 of 21 Posts